Bit of a plug guys pls read !!

bree9482

Reaction score
Hi been a member since l got the A3 and had some great help from tuffty, Klappe and many others...

Last night l was getting a remap done from Caltech Performance in Glasgow. We done the map and the car felt great !! Then bang, no power and red oil pressure light. Limped home half a mile and had a loud horrible rattling noise from the engine. GUTTED !!

They put the car back to standard map and the prob was still there, as we both expected :(

I was devestated and did not know what to do. John at Caltech offered to keep the car and do some investigating. He even dropped me home as l was car less. I could not sleep last night thinking about it then around 2am i got some texts and it was John sending me pics of the stripped engine :0 This guy and his partner Gary worked all night to find my problem !! It was an oil pump and pickup failure. He then got the parts today, fitted them and even brung my car back to me tonight !!!

Guys honestly l can not believe the service these guys have given me, im so grateful and would like to point you toward them for anything tuning, performance parts, service related in glasgow !! These guys were awesome !!

Pls search facebook for caltech performance and get intouch with them for what you need !!

Please mention me Brendan as l would like them to know l have spread the word !!

Anyways happy days car is running and l have my forge 007p to fit tom :)

Reactions: 16Klappe, S321BAM and ex911driver
Good work, glad you are happy and enjoying boost.

:thumbsup:

was like 0.4 mile mate but yeah feel like I won the lotto mate :)

that 0.4 could have took your turbo out
you was lucky
what did they charge ?

BANG, Oil light and it survived?

sheesh you are one lucky dude

Bill l know !!! I was so gutted when it happened. But l just fitted my Forge 007p and its pulling like a train :yes:

Im just needing a silicone TIP now and im pretty much done lol