EM TuningChris Nott
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Westy
  • 1 Post By Westy

Thread: Full brake fluid change

  1. #1
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    609

    Full brake fluid change

    I'm having to replace my front discs I thought I would replace the fluid as well so I bought some rbf600 as read on here it pretty good,any one any tips on changing the fluid as I've read about people flipping the seals on the master cylinder

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Goubo1 View Post
    I'm having to replace my front discs I thought I would replace the fluid as well so I bought some rbf600 as read on here it pretty good,any one any tips on changing the fluid as I've read about people flipping the seals on the master cylinder
    Buy an Ezibleed kit and an 11mm spanner and it's a fairly simple job.
    Goubo1 likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  4. #3
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Buy an Ezibleed kit and an 11mm spanner and it's a fairly simple job.
    ill go halfords tomorrow and buy one I see they are only £20

  5. #4
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Goubo1 View Post
    ill go halfords tomorrow and buy one I see they are only £20
    Yeah cheap and the easiest way to bleed brakes. You connect up the Ezibleed to pressurise the system then you go roun each calliper and crack the bleed nipple with an 11mm ring spanner to bleed them.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  6. #5
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Yeah cheap and the easiest way to bleed brakes. You connect up the Ezibleed to pressurise the system then you go roun each calliper and crack the bleed nipple with an 11mm ring spanner to bleed them.
    i have 996 4 pot calipers on the front are they 11mm too do you know mate ?

  7. #6
    Westy's Avatar
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cambridgeshire sometimes Hertfordshire
    Posts
    17,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Goubo1 View Post
    i have 996 4 pot calipers on the front are they 11mm too do you know mate ?
    If they are brembo then yes they should be.
    Goubo1 likes this.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread







  8. #7
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    If they are brembo then yes they should be.
    cheers mate

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Brake Fluid Change & New Tyres
    By adamrawling in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24th March 2006, 10:49
  2. Brake Fluid Change
    By yoda in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15th February 2006, 15:19
  3. Bi annual service & brake fluid change costs?
    By MrLapou in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th January 2006, 10:44
  4. Brake fluid change
    By ImS3ola in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 9th June 2005, 14:58
  5. Brake Fluid Change
    By Masterm8fo in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 5th December 2004, 23:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO