help !!! £1600 for ABS controller ?

sa8ahwe

Reaction score
The ABS light on my 1999 S3 stayed on and the brake warning light started flashing, took the car to Audi and was quoted £1600 for the two parts required, which was the ABS controller and the hydraulic pump controller, which I am told come together. Part numbers 1J0907375AC and 1J0698217A.
Any advice on what to do and the best place to buy the parts, maybe from a breaker would be much appreciated.
Car stills drives perfectly, but without ABS, which I am not a big fan of anyway.

You have a few options:
- try sourcing a salvaged part from a breakers yard, probably the cheapest but riskiest route. Even though it may come with a warranty, it may still carry inherent faults which will only show up once you've gone to the trouble & expense of fitting it.
- get a refurbished unit, they usually come with 12months warranty & may supply you with a controller or pump, depending on what you actually require. Look at www.bba-reman.com or call Linx (01949836362).

I'm currently having the same greif with my ABS, so far i''ve waisted £600+ on fitting a refurb ABS module and sensor and still have the warning light. My main dealer has looked at it and have quoted me £750 (fitted) for a new ABS controller. I always assumed that the ABS controller & pump are supplied by Audi as a single unit but apparently not...