Oil pressure warning light

I

imported_alecblack

Guys,
I have this problem which seems to be getting worse. when i first bought my car sometimes i would get my oil pressure warning light come on if i was driving my car hard. The problem would fix itself if i turned off then on again but now i am getting it every other time i am out in the car. I am waiting for my mechanic to pick it up but was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Just setting myself up incase i am in for a hefty bill.

cheers in advance

I had the same problem with my A3 1.8T in Feb the dash warning light would come on and off depending on how hard i drive the car. I never had any power loss so i was not to concerned but thought i would have it looked at. The garage i took it to reset the fault and told me not to worry it just a faulty oil sender switch playing up dont worry. After a few days it started again so i took it back and this time the engine sounded really bad i then found out that the oil pump had gone which cost me £340 fitted. I have been told since that i could of got a new pump for around £100 if i looked around. I could of got my mate to fitted it for me.

Spot on mate that what was wrong with my car the oil pump had went.
I have just had it back from the garage and it was as you said.

It only cost me £150 through a mate of mines.

cheers