Prop Shaft Flex Joint Replacement

Jamo2013

Reaction score
Hi All,

So.. I left work a couple days ago, as i pulled away there was a horrific amount of banging underneath! i managed to get the car back to the car park (alot of struggling with the wheels locking and such). Anyway after looking underneath it today (been very busy!) i found that the prop shaft has came completely away from the flex joint and the flex joint is destroyed! Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what i can do about this, or if anyone knows what i will need to repair. It looks an absolute pain in the rear to get too. i have access to a pit and was hoping to do it myself with help from some of my more mechanically minded friends! Any help or advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Jamie.

Thanks for your reply, from underneath i struggled to get my fingers close to it, can i remove anything to have better access? also, any idea where i can get a flex joint from?

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply, from underneath i struggled to get my fingers close to it, can i remove anything to have better access? also, any idea where i can get a flex joint from?

Thanks.

you have to remove the sub frame, and unbolt half shaft. You need the rubber piece, and one inner piece, that I don't know the name, it's the shaft guide

Last edited: