What exhaust system should i get?

xxxxSMITHYxxxx

Reaction score
So all the time has come to get my self a new exhaust system,
I am after a free flowing exhaust system around 2.5" strate through for my a3 quattro were is the best place to get one?
and what have other people got

I'd go with the tried and tested Miltek, so many people use them and for good reason I say! The full system that came on my S3 is about 7 years old now and is still in great working condition. But the tips may be overdue a good polish...

i take it the miltek one is loads more free flowing than a standerd one also do them come with the silencers removed for a deeper sound

IIRC there are resonated and non resonated versions of the miltek system.mines a resonated which is the quieter of the 2.Mines got a sports cat aswell which helps no end.nice and quiet on tickover and really tasty when on the gas..

i take it the miltek one is loads more free flowing than a standerd one also do them come with the silencers removed for a deeper sound

Yes, you can have either resonated (with silencers, still nice and throaty) or you can have non resonated (no silencers, louder). You can also have straight through system where you have no catalytic converter, this could be awkward on an MOT but allows for much better flow. My system has a Miltek sports cat.

EDIT:

As above said... I had a phone call in the middle of my post and it took ages haha.

I went and got a longlife custom system which was fabricated on the car and I love it! You also get a lifetime guarantee and you can choose your tail pipe style from there range :rock:

+1 even with the non resonated that I have on my car it's still very quiet : (