Still having idle problems... please help me ...

treebo88

Reaction score
Hey, I have a audi a3 1.8T as some of you already know..., Not when i got it had a idle problem, was jumpy (only slightly) and when you rev it it will rev down as normal but drop down too low .. and the engine sounds as if its struggling for a second and will rev back up to normal idle and jump around a lil bit...

Now before i changed anything it had a atmospheric dv - Now removed due to high recommendation from you lovely peeps :) And now i have fairly good boost, Ive never had a 1.8t so no idea what sorta boot to expect but if you plant it in first it can spin up easily but other gears seems to be smoother boost ... Is that how its ment to be ?

Ive swapped out the MAF for a new one also as there was a maf error code.

Now it also had a itg induction kit which was pretty torn up so ive swapped that out for a cone filter i had lying around (brand new) as it never came with the original air box.

I've also switched out the sparkers for some cheapy ones (I know prob a bad idea to start with ... but dont want to spend loads untill i know why its doing this) They are the 4 prong sparkers which were recommended to me by a golf mk4 1.8t owner.

And also i topped up the oil which was running low but since ive noticed a clicking sound coming from the coil packs area... almost like a tappet sound... but isnt loud enough to be heard with the bonnet down ?? which before its said is not the the clicking coming from the carbon filter thingy as thats clicking away too lol... very similar sounds actually.

Now i appologise for the essay but thought id start the threat with all my symptoms and what ive dont to try and solve it so i could get some decent advice rather than guesses due to not enough info on my part :)

Plug her into VCDS and see what's occurring.