Audi S3 needed for filming/Fifth Gear TV show (UK)

Mines as standard as a 13 year old car gets apart from the ****e wheels that where put on it before I brought it . Shame it's a dog . Oh and the missing badge . But with a lot of love and attention she will get there .

Mine's bog standard or at least nothing I can't change back quickly - air filter and wheels.

Mines standard as possible (has a cupra R splitter that I will take off for filming)? I actually live in Coventry and happy for you guys to have a look at it? OR I could show you S3 Rav's car?

Reactions: S3 Rav
Ravs is nice, very well detailed anyway, not sure how modded

Gops yours is tuned to high heaven. Jason plato will poo himself, it will wipe out the competition

Hello guys

Thanks so much for all your message and interest. Great little thread developing here... Wish I had an S3 so I could join in all the talk and banter.
Thanks to all your help and e-mails we've found exactly what we are looking for - a fairly standard S3 just a few miles from where we are filming.
The show when it airs will be in Spring 2014 as the series due to air next month has already been filmed.

The Audi S3 is not being pitted against any other car, instead we have 3 different hatches representing three different price brackets which we are recommending people should consider buying - depending on their budget of course.
You may see many forums dotted about where we have sourced some amazing vehicles so just want to say again thanks for all your help!

Cheers

Simon

Reactions: jojo, Alex C, kwistof and 1 other person
I hope they got one with rusty rails

and also LCR being wanted>> MK1 Leon Cupra needed for TV feature - SEAT Cupra.net - SEAT Forum

busy dude are'nt you

what else?

TT?

We're full steam ahead in production right now and in total we have to film 8 buying guides for each episode, each with three cars in so there is quite a lot of car sourcing and no doubt you may find various requests dotted about on different forums...

Thanks to all S3 owners that have got in touch, we couldnt do it without you.

The show with the Audi S3 will air Spring 2014 so a little wait just yet unfortunatly

Thanks again for your help!

there going to book all the cars in that they have got and just drive away
big scam !!!!! :jester:

Reactions: Dani_B19
Ravs is nice, very well detailed anyway, not sure how modded

Gops yours is tuned to high heaven. Jason plato will poo himself, it will wipe out the competition

what you on about? :cool: *pulls N75* hehe

when 5th gear normally test a car they give it away at the end of the show so why would they want to borrow one ... a tv show that cant afford to buy a 4k car of ebay seems dodge

when 5th gear normally test a car they give it away at the end of the show so why would they want to borrow one ... a tv show that cant afford to buy a 4k car of ebay seems dodge

If only this was the case that we could afford to buy every car we feature, each programme would have a bill for probably over half a million x9 in the series just for cars yet alone anything else...on the other hand there would be more nice motors driving around our roads with some very lucky winners behind the whee however we don't run a competition anymore unfortunately.

This used car buying feature is in each episode and each feature 3 cars ranging from about 3k-5k-15k depending on your budget - the same as this really Secondhand Sports Car Review - Fifth Gear - YouTube

The only downside of working on this show is I want to sell my car and buy a new one everyday...really considering a S3 now

Reactions: Prawn, voorhees, Gops and 1 other person
The only downside of working on this show is I want to sell my car and buy a new one everyday...really considering a S3 now

Do it :)

You at least know you have an extremely active and knowledgeable forum who can advise and help with pretty much anything to do with the 8L A3/S3....

Saying that though I bet you get attached to quiet a lot of motors you feature on the program.

How's the filming going today?

Do it :)

You at least know you have an extremely active and knowledgeable forum who can advise and help with pretty much anything to do with the 8L A3/S3....

Saying that though I bet you get attached to quiet a lot of motors you feature on the program.

How's the filming going today?

Don't tempt me haha its amazing how much knowledge on particular cars you quickly build up doing this type of thing.
I was trawling Auto Trader last night looking at some S3s but at the moment I'm tootling around in a new shape Fiat Bravo 2L Diesel - its got a bit of character but I'm being spoiled driving more quicker petrol cars for work.
All is going well today, I'm not actually there but I've heard its all going to plan. I'm sure there will be a few pictures up at some point.

Well if you do ever seriously consider buying an S3 or any other Audi, there are often some extremely good examples found in the classified section on here -

Classifieds

I'll keep an eye out for picture update :)
Be interested to know how Plato gets along with the 8L S3 as well if you can sneak in any comments from him before the show is aired next year

Don't tempt me haha its amazing how much knowledge on particular cars you quickly build up doing this type of thing.
I was trawling Auto Trader last night looking at some S3s but at the moment I'm tootling around in a new shape Fiat Bravo 2L Diesel - its got a bit of character but I'm being spoiled driving more quicker petrol cars for work.
All is going well today, I'm not actually there but I've heard its all going to plan. I'm sure there will be a few pictures up at some point.

The Bravo looks good and has a good spec but the steering feel is horrible (i.e. very light no feed back), the seats offer no support (if its not the sport model), I dont no about the 2.0 but the power delivery of the older 1.9 is very laggy.

:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 232
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sam4191, AVLO, gordon c and 2 others
It was an amazing opportunity! Very great full to fifth gear UK and discovery! I won't post other pics of the other cars, ill let you all watch it when it's airing! All I can say is I hope Jason liked my S3! He seemed to like it, drove it quite abit and gave it some boot! ;)

Reactions: Sandra
****** pics. Can someone sort it out for me? I can't do it on my phone.

I thought they wanted a standard S3 heh. I'm sure it'll come across that the S3 is quicker than the others now ;) Jardo will be cursing at the TV that they should be testing a FWD A3 K03S model! ;)

I thought they wanted a standard S3 heh. I'm sure it'll come across that the S3 is quicker than the others now ;) Jardo will be cursing at the TV that they should be testing a FWD A3 K03S model! ;)
What could have been eh :(
Well done Gops,getting a totally standard ten year old performance car is a big ask Sam.
Jardo will be spitting feathers lol

Yeah fair enough, at least his is well modded with the "should be like this from factory" style mods so should get a good review :)

It's more a buyers guide rather than a full on test, and they're on public roads! So they can't go racing around. It's not up against anything it timed, it's just explained Why its a hot hatch to have really. I don't know what's said inside when it was taken for a spin.

Reactions: Sandra
Gops you legend! Didn't realise they were going to use yours. Utterly fantastic example, couldn't have picked a better car really.

Did you plug the N75 back in for Jason? haha.

Nice to see they found a great example of an S3 from here :superman:

I don't know what's said inside when it was taken for a spin.

They may have drove round the corner to a forensics lab and swabbed the whole of the inside (like on Top Gear) so they can see what you'd find in a second hand hot hatch and what the ex owner was like ;-) lol