Finally got my car back on the road

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Fitted the AP coilovers to replace the snapped springs, so it will now fly through the mot (which is booked for Tuesday morning)

64505_10151817146750792_1473132679_n.jpg

Now i've got to play with the adjusters a bit, want to drop it a bit more and even it all out (had them fitted in a garage for mates rates, saved me taking time off work) then get the bumper resprayed to get rid of that horrible scuff then it's all ready to go :D (barr the P0171 code, which i'll sort when i get paid at the end of the month) Not really sure where i am going to go from here, might get the map checked on it (dont think it is on a standard map) and see if that can be tweeked a bit then probably just do the SAI delete and put a catch can in. I did want to look at eventually going up to a k04 but the car needs a lot of body work so unfortunately wont be worth the cost :(
was going to look at going for a full plasti-dip but i like the original colour too much despite it being scratched and chipped to hell.

EDIT: actually my main thing on the agenda is to refurb the headlights and whack some of that film on them, they're starting to look pretty cloudy

What do the APs ride like?

I have been looking at these, heared good things, don't want the harshness/bouncy-ness of cheaper coilies though.

I can't fault them, I was driving around with snapped springs and loose drop links for a few months so these feel like bliss compared to that. Feel nice and comfortable to me.

So more comfy than old standard shocks and snapped springs?

My old A3 had FK koenigsports on it, that rode lovely.

How much did you pay and where did you get them?

alot more comfy than the old shocks and springs, pretty sure they were the original ones from the factory and was a very crashy/bumpy ride after doing 80odd thousand miles and 12 years of use (if not they were definitely very old!)
i got my new ones from here http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ they're a site sponsor and recommended by many people on here, set me back £450, the most i have ever spent on car repairs!