S3 Versus 3.2 V6 Rolling Road Shoot out !!

I

imported_S_Line

This was held at Clives this morning.

A Shoot out to see the difference of two massively different Engines.

The A3 3.2 V6
The S3 1.8 Turbo with REVO

Bottom Line BHP

A3 3.2 V6 = 261.6 BHP
S3 1.8 Turbo = 267.7 BHP (with REVO)

So on paper nearly the Same, a soon as i have the graphs you will see some Massive Differences.

Just waiting For Matt to E mail me the Graphs so you can see. I also took a short video of the event (which ill post up when i finish it)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Hats off to Clive for Putting in the Time with Both Cars. At his Special
£30.00 per Car Rolling Road Session (before Christmas) Deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Got the graphs just here.....

3.2 S line first

dynosat2_brian.jpg

the the S3.

dyno_sat_mat.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Nice...

Good power from the V6.

The S3's torque shows though...although the V6 is a much nicer engine to drive with...

Interesting results though...thanks for posting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

****** IT!!!

i live about 3 mins away.. i coulda provided a standard 225 S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!!

post it in the events section if theres another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
****** IT!!!

i live about 3 mins away.. i coulda provided a standard 225 S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!!

post it in the events section if theres another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Goodness me, we didnt know there were locals on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Clives doing £30 a go on the Rollers.

Give him a ring mate, weel pop down and get some pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As soon as weather get better im Sure we could swap keys for a couple of hours to compare - Hey Matt ?

Seems to be alot of tranny loss 85-95hp that seems on the high side to me.

cool.. how much did you $hit yourself on the first s3 run when it jumped on the rollers?

theres always a sigh of relief when its slowing down...

First up was My 3.2 and due to the smoother power delivery, it was fine.
When Matts S3 started to weave side by side (the first time) we took a few paces back !

Impressive figures for the 3.2, is it standard? If so you must be well chuffed.

S3 is also inpressive. Just look at the torque! Wow. Also notice that the S3 is putting more to the wheels, than the 3.2.

Surely this A3 3.2 isn't standard? Its BHP seems high to me.

[ QUOTE ]
cool.. how much did you $hit yourself on the first s3 run when it jumped on the rollers?

theres always a sigh of relief when its slowing down...

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked a whole load more scary in the flesh. Myself and Brian both took a step back but Clive assured me my pride and joy was in safe hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bravo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Surely this A3 3.2 isn't standard? Its BHP seems high to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Torque is Down, It must be down to the Running In i did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif nice and easy round Snetterton ! LOL !

any chance you could redo those graphs, I cant see them... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

sorry those graphs are hosted on the Scoobycity site (which is down at teh moment) that is why people cant see the pictures of teh two graphs at teh moment - sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Interesting results, just shows what a great engine the 1.8T is

interesting, compared my S3 Revo'd with my mates 3.2. Flat out from 40ish to 120 the performance is identical which shocked me. Thought my s3 would be faster with a 100kg weight advantage. However, at low in gear speeds my is alot quicker. We swapped cars and mine flet much faster even though it didn't appear to be on the sprint up the slip road onto the M1.

The biggest difference was the S3 is much more of a driver car than the 3.2. The 3.2 felt incredibly soggy by comparison, the brakes are very over servo'd and the throttle is very sensitive at low speed making it a difficult car to drive smoothly.

Its a 28mb file, not sure if I can host it or not. (brian hosted it last time)

I'll see what I can do