engine help

Brogzi

Reaction score
I recently bought an s3 but the bottem end has a
big hole in it iv took the head off it and it has 3 bent valves but is repairable I was
just wondering dose any 1 know if the bottem end off a aum engine out of the a3 1.8t
will fit the head off the amk s3 engine and go straight back in with no problem

Don't use an AUM bottom end on your S3... yes it will fit but its weaker... AUM's use 19mm sintered crank rods and tangless bearings... not really suitable for an S3 bottom end tbh...

You want to look at any of the 210/225 VAG engines (TT, LCR, S3) or an AGU bottom end...

If its just pistons you need I have some S3 ones I can do you a decent deal on if you drop me a PM

<tuffty/>

cheers tuffty tink the agu will b the better option then as no 1 wants to break an s3 engine
I would prob get 1 cheaper aswell thanks for the offer on pistons but needs full bottem end
big hole in the side of block and 1 in sump he made a mess lol

cheers tuffty tink the agu will b the better option then as no 1 wants to break an s3 engine
I would prob get 1 cheaper aswell thanks for the offer on pistons but needs full bottem end
big hole in the side of block and 1 in sump he made a mess lol

Ah.. yeah, that would do it... if you had been quicker you could have bought my old bottom end off me :p

<tuffty/>