Cheap oil and filters on ECP etc

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
Just a heads up to any and all that are after some cheap service bits.

ECP have a deal on at the mo where you can get 5 litres of their Triple QX 5w40 Fully synth oil and a Bosch Filter for under £14 delivered!

Here is the link to the oil TRIPLE QX 5w40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil 5Ltr just add it to your basket then stick in your reg number and get the oil filter you want (personally I go for the Bosch one) add this to your basket too and then proceed to the checkout. where it says enter promo code stick in oildeal25 and it should get you the filter for free plus a 25% discount :)

If you want spark plugs you can get a set of 4 NGK BKR7E`s off ebay for under £8 delivered NGK Spark Plug Standard Kit BKR7E x4 | eBay

So for just over £20 you can service your car and do it much more regularly as I am now doing it every 5k as its a no brainer.

Rob

Reactions: bree9482, jcs356, vfr800 and 1 other person
Good call, just bought 4*5l plus filters, £53.52. Should keep the S3 and Cordy going for a couple of years :happy:

Just got myself one of these nice shout

No probs :)

I serviced mine in the week and have another 5l and filter being delivered as it doesn't hurt to stock up at these prices

Seems like a good deal. Anyone know who makes Tripple QX oils?

Iam with Bree on this, who makes this, i have all ways used Castrol, not a snob brand, its just what i have used. In the 2.0 tdi i have it also states Castrol

Apparently the Triple QX is the same as the Shell oil, I cant confirm if this is true or not, but ive heard alot of people say this, including ECP staff.

To be honest I have used it a few times and had no probs with it at all.

I wouldn't be using that oil.. I might be snobby but I've never heard of it and for that price it's kinda worrying...

Realistically if it was that bad, i dont think ECP would be selling it and it meets all vag spec requirements.

I recently got 20l of Quantum for about £40 from TPS, thats cheap, would that worry you?

Do you know anything about ECP ? And their "white box" parts? Or their "lok" clutches that they sell as "Luk"?

I'm not saying not to use it I'm just saying watch what your putting in your car... It might very well run fine but you could be looking at turbo damage or anything...

Quantum or gtfo.

Run this **** for 200k and I will carry on running Quantum, we can all meet back for a performance review when the first turbo, oil pick up or premature head wear kicks in.

Apparently the Triple QX is the same as the Shell oil, I cant confirm if this is true or not, but ive heard alot of people say this, including ECP staff.

To be honest I have used it a few times and had no probs with it at all.

This is true mr Nilz made by shell