Anti Roll Bars for an A3!

drewman

Reaction score
Searched and searched but all I can see is S3 topics..

My car is running coilovers on a 20mm drop and I'm getting some noises, like a pulsating grind more dominant in corners. Plus I see a bit of rubbing on the arb. I've been advised to change the ARB anyway and I'm hoping this issue is related..

Question being, what do I get. I've swayed towards Eibach 25/25 but see they also do a 22/25 kit. With the 25/25 I am worrying what kind of handling I will get.

Am I better off with a 22/25 or even aany other set-up. I've heard of using R32 arbs but not sure if this only applies to the S3.

Cheers!

The ARB should not foul the driveshaft at 20mm, usually takes 50mm +. Have you checked CV joints and wheel bearings?

What is the diameter of your current front bar? Do you have Quattro or 2wd?

The bigger the rear bar compared to the front the more understeer you will dial out. Increasing the front just pushes you back towards understeer. Can't therefore see 25mm front and same sized 25mm rear being a good option.

On my 2wd mk4 golf I run a 23mm standard front and 25mm rear which is great, and the front still lets go just before the back!

On the S3 I also run a standard front, but a 19mm R32 bar. Also understeers a little on the limit, but I personally prefer that to a snappy rear end!

Wheel bearings, track rod ends and coilovers were all done at the same time and the noise started after that. I can see a mark round the O/S loop that goes over the driveshaft but there's a big gap between the two and the noise sounds like it's coming from N/S.

There is oil outside the inner boot on the driveshaft, N/S.

*think* it's 21mm front and none on the rear. It's 2WD.

go for the 22/25 kit mate, it's far nicer.

The 25/25 kit was originally just for the tdi lumps, then they started offering it for all engines.

For reference, I run 22/32 on my track car and it's ace. Larger rear by proportion is the way to go.

22/25 is perfect for a nice road car.

Just went to order and Eibach have apparently discontinued the 22/25 as nobody was buying it!

****ing idiots.

Sadly, people are stupid, and think bigger is better. I know so many people that bought the 25/25 because it was bigger.

argh.

I don't think they've discontinued it though, I imagine the company you called don't have it in stock and were more than likely trying to sell you what tehy had.

keep on searching!

Found 7 companies listing it online. Phoned dpm and awesome who who both contacted eibach. Awesome said eibach dont carry them in the uk due to the 22 being the same shape as standard therefore doesnt work well with lowered cars.

I went with the 25/25 but now doubting my choice. Is there a big difference to going with the 25 bar up front also?

Contemplating the KW 22/25 kit instead......