Coolant senser.

pwnorman

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Does anyone know where abouts it is i have'nt had chance to look for it yet and am going to change it tommorow as its faulty along with the new maf i've just replaiced is buggerd too, so getting that changed if dealer does'nt try to play daft ****'s with me seeing i only changed it on tuesday anyway is the coolant temp easy to replaice, thanks for any help and hopefully the car will start running properly after this.

It's just about here:

DSCF0001.jpg

you need to remove the cover to get to it.

then look for this:

DSCF0003.jpg

remove the top clip and it's all self explanitory:

DSCF0006.jpg

Make sure the coolant is cool. If you slacken the coolant bottle top, make sure you tighten it back to normal before you replace the sensor, or water will wee everywhere.

It's very easy to fit, and takes no time at all really - well worthwhile, sorted my cars idling problem out instantly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rob.

damn you HTC!!! lol

you beat me too it...after I just went and sorted all them pics out! grrr.

but yes HTC is right and he helped me out kindly when mine went wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers for the pics lads got the sensor just waiting for it to cool down now dont fancy a hot shower just yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

there are two different sensors, when i called vagparts they helped me out with the correct one. maybe this is why your's is a bit different. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

so has it cured your car back to normal?

Rob /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its been ok so far it was abit intermitant before it goes ok for abit then totaly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif worse than a wet fart but touch wood its ok now still need a new maf sensor as the one i got the other day is showing a fault code when i took it to dealers.