chipped A3 tdiq clutch slipping....anyone else??

A3Lee

Reaction score
hi everyone!

has anyone else had to replace a cluctch on a3 s3???

had it remapped and its running 185 bhp, but never ride clutch on hills or any traffic light grand prix....the car has done 37k and has been chipped for about 10k.

going up hills in 4th and 5th it starts to slip when it gets to peak torque, its fine evrywhere else but its probably the start of it.

anyone any idea the price of replacement???

pished off as its already had gearbox out for new casings...great!

any views would be gratefull.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
cheers Lee

mmmm i think the A3 and S3 clutches are different. I`ve heard of S3 clutch failures but this is usually user related!

Maybe the A3 clutch isnt as strong as the S3 one?
Im not a expert in these matters but its usually about £2000approx for a S3 clutch.

Depends if the previous owner abused the clutch or not. If u are the 1st and only owner then there may possibly be something wrong with ur clutch but trying to prove that to audi is near impossible especially for a normal wear and tear item.
The S3 uses a heavy duty 240mm clutch and is VERY different form a normal A3. Replacing an S3 clutch is going to cost in the region of £900 fitted. Not £2000 as Riz said but i think he just enjoys scaring people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Riz said but i think he just enjoys scaring people

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif boo..... naaa i seriously thought that it cost well over £2000 incl VAT and labour etc...... remember Dean`s S3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

Yeah i do Riz and i recall it being in the region of £900. 2 grand does sound a HELL of lot to be honest for a flamin clutch !!

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah i do Riz and i recall it being in the region of £900. 2 grand does sound a HELL of lot to be honest for a flamin clutch !!

[/ QUOTE ] maybe it was something else..... sometimes i worry myself with such high predictions for repairs! lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Could it be anything to do with the owner and the way he drives it?

Hows it going mate just sent ya an email

LOL mossy....yeah got your email....golf is very tidy!

you will have to come to next trackday...no passenger seat as yet though...LOl

audi have quoted roughly 400 quid for clutch, but i contemplating having it de tuned as i cant put a clutch in every year!!!

its drivind sufficiently at mo so just take it easy and see how long it last...

Lee

Good idea mate getting it detuned. I would recommend turning it down to 180 Bhp and see how the clutch goes then.

The golf looks a nice car mate, its a shame your only useing it for the track. I cant believe you have also bought that mobile home/transporter just to get it there. is that what your using for work now? I bet you can get a few customers at a time in the back of that.

Speak soon mate

Riz,
IIRC The £2000 bill that Dean had was for the clutch and the dual mass flywheel, he went to the dealer when the problem first started and they told him to come back when it got worse. He then left it for quite a while with the clutch slipping. When he went back to the dealer they told him his flywheel was ******** because he had left it too long!!

yep....thats what they told me....! leave it for now..

but it aint slipping anymore...started after service?

could they of spilt oil??? or on purpose LOL

its had a gearbox rebuild...maybe leaking? they said we have spotted a leak....not unless they have x ray eyes they wont.

Lee