Induction To cone or not to cone ?

xxxxSMITHYxxxx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just got an a3 quattro and was woundering if it is better to stick on cone filter on it or just replace the pannel filter with a good k&N pannel.

Does this car bennifit from a cone or not i know some cars do not like it and run worse

Hi SMithy

There are several posts regarding cone filter, stock box, pro's and con's if any.

Try use the search function and also browse over the stickes.

Welcome to ASN

I have had a search on the forum, Can not seem to find any good information about induction on the a3,

S2000 prob the cheapest and most beneficial , but you will need a reducer if your car has a ko3/ ko3's

Yea in that case i have all ready put a cone filter on it and a cold air feed to it so i will keep it like that,
Unless anyone has a better idear open of offters if some one has found something that works better.

The little tab/nipple thing that is on the bottom half of th orignal air box at the very end closest to the wing what is that?

Ok kewl thanks just wanted to make sure i wasent leaving any pipes,breathers or sensors unpluged after fitting a cone filter

What have you done with the cold air feed? I've noticed the car doesn't quite pull like it did now I've put this and the oversized tip on.
Thinking about making a blanking plate out of metal, there's a good guide here on asn. But the cold air feed is what I think is lacking, before with the box it had direct connection to cold air, now it's got a mix of both...

temp of the air pre turbo means naff all on charged cars.

Larger tips tend to move the power curve to the right a bit, less lower down, more up top. With an up to date map taking into account the mod/s that wouldnt be the case.

Should feel nice and free top end tho, 6k+