Air filters

gasfitter

Reaction score
ok, K & N have been around since longer before I grought my first ever Golf GTi.

Thing is, their claimed BHP increase of 5-10% which i have seen plastered over VW forums and magazines before the internet, are they justified???

Should i put one in my S3?

Honda S2000 OEM paper filter is the cheapest and gives most gains in performance.

Reactions: gasfitter
Jardo why bother with the negative posts

Last edited by a moderator:
Er, did I miss something here......? Was it some sort of unreasonable post or something....?

Er, did I miss something here......? Was it some sort of unreasonable post or something....?

Its not that it's an unreasonable post, it's just some people on here(klappe) lol have went to great lengths to make up how too's etc... There is also a search bar and if you were to type in "Air Filter", I'm sure a million threads would come up.

But to be honest, the s2k is the way to go !!

There's a huge thread on called 'Benjamin's s2000 filter mod' with logs showing improvements.

i have the jetex filter at the moment and I can't grumble, not too loud and the performance gains are. So personally I'd go S2000 filter or jetex filter.

3" tip (turbo inlet pipe) is a must also. Badger5 sells / used to sell the tip, jetex air filter and heatshield as a package on eBay. Everyone on here with S3 swears by them.