S3 Throttle Body Pipe Internal Diameter ..

Nyteryda

Nyteryda
Reaction score
can anyone give me the i/d of the s3 throttle body pipe ? piecing together an r32 conversion and need to get a pipe reducer, thanks

You want the O/D don't you?

There isn't much about that reduces an R32 tb to 60/63mm pipework...

What are you trying to do and re-use exactly? I used an SFS 83 - 70mm straight reducer but I also made custom pipe work up... std 60mm TB is (shockingly) 60(ish)mm ID and 65ish OD... R32 TB is 75mm ID and just over 80mm OD... you will also need to weld a bead on the end of the R32 TB as it will pop off under boost

<tuffty/>

You want the O/D don't you?

There isn't much about that reduces an R32 tb to 60/63mm pipework...

What are you trying to do and re-use exactly? I used an SFS 83 - 70mm straight reducer but I also made custom pipe work up... std 60mm TB is (shockingly) 60(ish)mm ID and 65ish OD... R32 TB is 75mm ID and just over 80mm OD... you will also need to weld a bead on the end of the R32 TB as it will pop off under boost

<tuffty/>

i've got a silicone hose going from throttle body to ic and the internal diameter seems to be roughly consistent with the o/d of the throttle body

i bought an r32 throttle body, 83mm 90deg bend and have found an alloy 83-63mm reducer ..

needed to know what the i/d of my silicone ic to tb pipe was and 65mm looks to be the approx answer so i guess the 63mm reducer should be ok

You could always measure it... using a ruler...

Slightly better than guessing... :)

<tuffty/>

yes but the car isn't with me at the mo and wanted to get the bits sorted tonight .. have gone for the 83-63mm adapter for now which i hope will do the job, cheers