Please has anyone got a diagram of a fuse box for a 2001 A3?

buel

Reaction score
Hi all,
My A3's air con has stopped working and I have had it checked for gas level (it was fine) and also checked for leaks and it was fine. However, every morning the dashboard lights flicker all the way to work and my central locking has stopped working, which perhaps isn't too bad a thing as the alarm kept going off lately for no reason.

My electric windows ALL stopped working and I managed to locate the faulty fuse and change it and now they are fine but I wonder if the air con problem could be a fuse? The blower still works just fine though.

Please could anyone supply me with a diagram of which fuse is which please?

Thank you in advance,
B

is there not a diagram on the back of the cover u take off to get to the fuses?
fuse numbers are above the fuses, quite hard to see iirc though

Check the fuses on top of the battery.. the 'fans' fuse commonly corrodes and if no power here then aircon doesn't work... 3 x 30amp fuses, one in question is the one on the left looking in the engine bay

<tuffty/>

..should also point out its worth doing a full scan with VCDS of all modules to see if there are any fault codes for some of these issues... most of the electrics are controlled by modules and most modules record fault codes

<tuffty/>

..should also point out its worth doing a full scan with VCDS of all modules to see if there are any fault codes for some of these issues... most of the electrics are controlled by modules and most modules record fault codes

<tuffty/>

Thanks for that Tuffty, I checked the fuses and unfortunately they were fine (They look solid buggers too).
Please can I ask what a VCDS is?

Also, does the fact that the dashboard (Revs, speedo, fuel gauge etc) lights are flickering make any difference to what the problem may be?

Hi again,
OK, I have scanned for codes and found the following:

18057 -163 03/04
KWP 1281
Powertrain data bus:
Missing message from abs controller
P1649

1062 -163 01/04
KWP 1281
Please check DTC
memory of instrument
Cluster: P1654

17978 -35 04/04
KWP 1281
Engine start blocked
By Immobilizer
P1570
Static -no

Does this help at all please?

Hi there,
Please can anyone give any thoughts on these?

Did you manage to come to some conclusion regarding the instrument cluster?

This isnt the best picture in the world but you can zoom in to see it better sorry only had me phone to use :) direct from my owners manual hope it helps you out

Fuse number 25 - Heater blower, Air conditioner 25 amps (left hand side of the 3 rows, 2nd down)

IMG 0388