TT steering rack

renton

Reaction score
Hi all just fitted a tt steering rack to my A3 had the tracking all set but the steering is so heavy. The steering fluid is at the level the the car drives in a straight line. The only thing I can think of is the fluid is not the right one do the tt run a different fluid? I've put the right one of my car which is the green synthetic fluid.

So if you can help it would help.

thanks

karl

They are noticibly heavier. More steering weight is one of the reasons people fit them.

Do you have tiny arms? Checked tire pressures? Bled the rack properly (by turning fully lock to lock)?

They use the same standard CHF as normal so you have got that right.

i did giggle at the tiny arms bit, i mean, come on, jardo is hardly muscle bound, my boy has bigger arms than Jrod and he is only 4 :p

Reactions: Lavis89
Lol prawn :) I don't have tiny arms but its more than heavier I might as well empty the fluid out and drive it like that

No not that I know. I need to try the steering on a tt it just seems heavy that's all. If you let the tyers down that how heavy it is

It shouldn't feel that heavy. It should feel great.

well i now fully understand what the steering on a TT feels like, it feels great, thats helpful, stick to car sales Jrod,

back on track, a TT rack should give more feed back, be a little heavier compared to your old rack, if its like you have no PAS then first off take the cap off the res and turn from lock to lock, does the pump make funny noises??? if it doesnt but your still worried the steering is to heavy, check that the boots on the rack arent full of oil (pointing to a knackered rack seal) if all of the above are fine then the problem is its different to what your use to

and just for Jrod when i fitted his second rack (first one was ****ed) when he backed it out the garage he hit an airlock, and got worried claiming his steering didnt work :p