8l 8p comparission

s3cya

1st Gear
Reaction score
Hi everyone gonna be getting back into a s3 at christmas:) CANNOT WAIT!!

just i really dunno what to do ive had 3 8l s3's but will have enough money for a 8p what do people think is it worth the extra money or is it worth getting a 8l for a couple grand less and spending the dollar on that?:)

please advise people:) thanks

But what really is the main difference? As i will be modding either of them to around 350 with hybrid or mayb bigger it would be a mint 8l low mileage or abused motorway miles on a 8p?:( sooo hard

Comparing oranges and Apples? Apart from the namesake, they are 2 different cars.

8L is classic and butch, but with performance of the late 90's. 8P, modern understated, more power, quicker, and better handling out the box!

What exactly is it you are after in a car? If it's the drive and handling, I'd go 8P. If it's more a looks thing, I'd go 8L. Yes, you can make an 8L handle a bit better by throwing money at the suspension, but it will cost you a bit more to get anything near the power of a TFSI unit of the 8P.

8P no contest....even if i love my 8l given the chance i'd jump at a new shape one

what about an 8L with the turbo from an 8P?

That would be pretty cool :whistle2:

Reactions: Gops, Goubo1 and Vex182
Nah, sounds like a silly idea, what kind of idiot would do that....

Reactions: Goubo1
8p as for very little money you get the 350bhp you so crave! If you want 350bhp from an 8l it will most likely cost you the difference of an 8l to an 8p!