Banjo Bolt and Washers (Rear Calipers)

Sniper210010

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Hope I can get a quick answer from the experts in these forums.

So here's the story:

Went to change my rear pads and discs on my 2001 A3.

When I finally managed to get the Pads and Discs off the Caliper Pistons for both sides where Seized!

Thankfully I managed to pick up a couple of replacement calipers for next to nothing. I fitted them yesterday and all is good apart from a very minor leak on both sides.

The leak itself is coming from where the Banjo Bolts connect to the caliper, specifically is the washer that sits between the caliper and the bolt itself :/

My question is...... will I be ok with just replacing the washers on each side or do I need new hoses? These washers are a nightmare to remove from the banjo bolt without damaging so I assume the will be just a difficult to put on with new ones.

Also can I remove replace the flexible part of the hose or would I need to replace the entire line?

Any help is much appreciated :)

Thanks!

New washers (buy proper ones, they aren't expensive from a dealer) shouild fix the leak if this is where its coming from...

The flexi and hard line are one piece on these so you will have to replace the whole thing if this is damaged in any way...

<tuffty/>

Ok, now I have another problem :/ attempted to bleed the brakes after the caliper change but I can't loosen one of the bleeders..... To the point where it's rounded of the bolt head for it :/

How am I going to get this bleed valve open?

Any suggestions are welcome.

thanks