Volks AutosChris Nott
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: bouncing idle

  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    12

    bouncing idle

    hi I have a 2001 a3 AUM

    the cars idle is fluctuating slightly and is beginning to really annoy me, I have changed the vac pipes under the inlet for n249 n112 ect as the t piece had snapped and cant seem to find any other vac leaks I have cleaned the throttle body and changed the plugs & today checked for fault codes on vcds-light and there were none, but when changing the plugs I did find some oil on the coils?
    any help would be great! thanks in advanced

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    195
    Hi mate, l am in exactly the same scenario

    I have VCDS lite also, but it wont let us get to the blocks that we need to get to !!

    I have changed all the things that have helped other people, but the problem still remains. If you get an answer pls share lol.

  4. #3
    CMcKenzie's Avatar
    It's supposed to do that..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    282

    My Social Networking

    Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    Instead of starting a new thread I'll post it here as it's related I think..

    I came out of the shop and it's not idling properly. If you don't give it any revs, it flutters and dies. Give it a few revs and it idles a bit lumpy but then settles. Recently fitted a new genuine Bosch MAF, scanned it and not showing any codes.
    Is this similar to yours?
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151588987066347

    -Callum.
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcKenzie View Post
    Instead of starting a new thread I'll post it here as it's related I think..

    I came out of the shop and it's not idling properly. If you don't give it any revs, it flutters and dies. Give it a few revs and it idles a bit lumpy but then settles. Recently fitted a new genuine Bosch MAF, scanned it and not showing any codes.
    Is this similar to yours?
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151588987066347

    -Callum.
    Here is mine dude !!

    My erratic idle - YouTube

    Mine does not die but cant get this idle resolved !!

    I have changed MAF(Bosch), CTS, Breather Hose, Injector Cleaner No codes and its driving me nuts !!

  6. #5
    CMcKenzie's Avatar
    It's supposed to do that..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    282

    My Social Networking

    Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    I think your problem is because of splits in the pipework somewhere, or perhaps the inlet mani gasket? It's getting unmetered air, so fluctuating a little.
    Don't quote me on that though, I'm sure someone with lot more knowledge than me will be able to shed some light on it
    -Callum.
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcKenzie View Post
    I think your problem is because of splits in the pipework somewhere, or perhaps the inlet mani gasket? It's getting unmetered air, so fluctuating a little.
    Don't quote me on that though, I'm sure someone with lot more knowledge than me will be able to shed some light on it
    -Callum.
    Thats a good shout mate !! I have been looking for leaks everywhere using easy start spray. Trying to get the engine to rev a little when it draws in the spray. cant find someone to smoke test and cant find the damn leak !!!

  8. #7
    CMcKenzie's Avatar
    It's supposed to do that..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    282

    My Social Networking

    Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    I had a hissing noise coming from my engine, squirted a bit of carb cleaner around the gasket on the inlet mani and you could hear the revs rise.
    Worth a look I guess.
    -Callum.
    Last edited by CMcKenzie; 8th August 2013 at 23:31. Reason: added info.
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcKenzie View Post
    I had a hissing noise coming from my engine, squirted a bit of carb cleaner around the gasket and you could hear the revs rise.
    Worth a look I guess.
    -Callum.
    Cheers mate !! Im goin grey trying to sort this out lol But hey fitted the S2K air filter tonight and it sounds awesome !!!

  10. #9
    CMcKenzie's Avatar
    It's supposed to do that..

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    282

    My Social Networking

    Add CMcKenzie on Facebook Visit CMcKenzie's Youtube Channel Visit CMcKenzie's Instagram Channel
    Haha, I fitted one a couple of weeks back, just because I was bored and it was fairly cheap. I think messing around with my old MAF when I was fitting it killed it though, as I had to then buy a new one.
    -Callum.
    2000 APY S3
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    If you fit a split-r I will ban you from ASN

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by CMcKenzie View Post
    Haha, I fitted one a couple of weeks back, just because I was bored and it was fairly cheap. I think messing around with my old MAF when I was fitting it killed it though, as I had to then buy a new one.
    -Callum.
    Thats sucks mate !! I learned tonight that l suck at cutting silicone hose lol I butchered the MAF end as the reducer i had was too long and god dam the 80-70mm reducer is wrong !! it more like 86-70. I nearly punched myself in the balls several times trying to squeeze that hose on !!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Bouncing idle problem
    By SDO in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th October 2012, 10:10
  2. bouncing idle
    By mat white in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 5th July 2012, 17:29
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23rd April 2012, 14:44
  4. Bouncing Idle?
    By spannah in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 29th January 2008, 11:56
  5. 'bouncing' idle
    By rossparkman in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 18th December 2004, 17:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO