Boot courtesy lights - stopped working

Hazelwood

Baz A3 T Sport
Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering if someone could help?

The courtesy lights in the boot of my 2001 A3 T Sport have stopped working. I'm sure its not the bulbs (as both aren't working) or the fuse. Therefore it’s probably the switch? Is this incorporated into the latch/locking mechanism? And if so is it easy to replace?

Help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Come on 33 views and no advise given?!

Someone must be able to help?!

Yup, the mechanism/switch is inside the latch on the bootlid, if this fails, the lights usually stay on, not off? Have you tried spraying some WD40 onto the latch?

Had this fixed under warranty on my S3. Faulty locking mechanism - it's quite common.

Does the dis show an open boot? If not it's the switch in the lock.
I sprayed some wd40 in mine 3 months back and all's been OK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I've noticed this too. Will go out armed with WD40 and see what happens. Thanks people!

Thanks for the advise. DIS does not show open boot, so I will have to try the WD40 option too!

surely, it would show an open boot if the light was stuck on....

more to the point, does the dis display boot open when it is actually open?

yep mine does on my s3, it colours in the boot section or something from memory, mine is sometimes saying it's shut when it's open which is a bit annoying when it's dark, but better than the other way, as it *could* cause alarm problems if it thinks it's left open, as when I had the same problem with the door it set off the alarm a few times.

[ QUOTE ]
Only the facelift models have the feature which shows doors and boot open in the DIS.

[/ QUOTE ]

how come on my car the DIS shows when the door and boot are open then? mines an early 2000 pre facelift S3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Because audi changed some electrics first and then the more obvious face lift stuff.

For example you can get 2000 cars with all undated electrics and later handles, but not with facelift lights and later engines etc.

Yours sounds like one of those cars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only the facelift models have the feature which shows doors and boot open in the DIS.

[/ QUOTE ]

how come on my car the DIS shows when the door and boot are open then? mines an early 2000 pre facelift S3? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You lucky ******! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif