AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    192

    Split hose problem, opinions pls !!

    Hey guys still hunting down a split hose, l have found this:

    burst hose.jpg

    This comes directly off the right side of the inlet manifold. It goes into a check valve(l think) then into a Y shaped hose and then onto a line that looks like it runs to the brake servo.

    engine hose.jpg

    This is where it comes off.

    I can not confirm that its definetly leaking, but it is perished at the join. Its £36+VAT and l dont want to buy it if its not even possible that it could be causing my idle issues !!

    Also can l buy a silicone hose to replace and if so where to get said hose ??

    Thanks as usual guys !!

    BRendan

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    kelk11's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    102
    i've recently had idling issues turns out there was 2 splits in the pipework under the manifold.

    i followed the catch can/pcv delete in the stickies and it cost me the whole of £50 for the parts and now im leak free.

  4. #3
    www.badger5.co.uk

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    nr Glos
    Posts
    6,938
    smoke tester available locally? may save you much time looking
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

    Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

    Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG


    http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

  5. #4
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36
    Forge make the silicone hoses. I bought mine from jbs

  6. #5
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    smoke tester available locally? may save you much time looking
    Hi Badger, wish there was mate. Been calling everyone to no avail !! All the garages just want to charge me time for looking for the leak, which could be hours of labour

    Just fitted the S2k airfilter mod. lol l kinda butchered the silicone reducer, now l want 1 of your TIP's !! Do you have any used ones ??

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by kelk11 View Post
    i've recently had idling issues turns out there was 2 splits in the pipework under the manifold.

    i followed the catch can/pcv delete in the stickies and it cost me the whole of £50 for the parts and now im leak free.
    Good shout mate, lm thinking thats my next thing to do, lm a total noob. How hard iis it ??

  8. #7
    www.badger5.co.uk

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    nr Glos
    Posts
    6,938
    Quote Originally Posted by bree9482 View Post
    Hi Badger, wish there was mate. Been calling everyone to no avail !! All the garages just want to charge me time for looking for the leak, which could be hours of labour

    Just fitted the S2k airfilter mod. lol l kinda butchered the silicone reducer, now l want 1 of your TIP's !! Do you have any used ones ??
    I do have an early V2 to sell in black
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

    Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

    Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG


    http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

  9. #8
    kelk11's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by bree9482 View Post
    Good shout mate, lm thinking thats my next thing to do, lm a total noob. How hard iis it ??
    i just followed the guide and I can't see why anybody couldn't do it themselves. Make sure you have all the parts before hand.

  10. #9
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by kelk11 View Post
    i just followed the guide and I can't see why anybody couldn't do it themselves. Make sure you have all the parts before hand.
    Yeah i found that out the hard way before lol

    Im gonna give it a blast, l was reading about the cans. What one did you go for ??

  11. #10
    kelk11's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    102
    I bought a 15mm catch can off ebay. Couldn't justify the cost of the 19mm that is the preferred option, I used 19mm pipe up to the t piece then 15mm from T to tank and then 15mm to atmosphere under the car.

  12. #11
    chaz20vt's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    I do have an early V2 to sell in black
    What price is this bill

  13. #12
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8
    Diagnosis is very simple.

    #1 Idle vehcile & listen for any hissing noise from vacuum pipes. If you cant hear anything....
    #2 Spray a little bit of brake clean or the likes on vacuum hoses one at a time untill you hear a change in engine RPM or a hissing noise, then inspect where you believe the noise is coming from.

    Under the intake manifold has a few small vacuum hoses that are well knowen for cracking/Leaking.
    Lastly, the hose you have pictured is also very possible too.

  14. #13
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by auditech12 View Post
    Diagnosis is very simple.

    #1 Idle vehcile & listen for any hissing noise from vacuum pipes. If you cant hear anything....
    #2 Spray a little bit of brake clean or the likes on vacuum hoses one at a time untill you hear a change in engine RPM or a hissing noise, then inspect where you believe the noise is coming from.

    Under the intake manifold has a few small vacuum hoses that are well knowen for cracking/Leaking.
    Lastly, the hose you have pictured is also very possible too.
    i have been using the spray method, using easy start spray. I checked this pipe using that method and it did not rev...

    its a total nightmare !!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 1.8T AUM split hose problem?
    By pangsterA3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th May 2012, 15:04
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th September 2007, 16:57
  3. Split hose
    By pablo in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th October 2006, 12:14
  4. wheels opinions pls
    By fingermouse in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 7th July 2006, 08:13
  5. Samco Intake hose Problem
    By Ryanc in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12th April 2004, 20:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO