Split hose problem, opinions pls !!

bree9482

Reaction score
Hey guys still hunting down a split hose, l have found this:

Burst hose

This comes directly off the right side of the inlet manifold. It goes into a check valve(l think) then into a Y shaped hose and then onto a line that looks like it runs to the brake servo.

Engine hose

This is where it comes off.

I can not confirm that its definetly leaking, but it is perished at the join. Its £36+VAT and l dont want to buy it if its not even possible that it could be causing my idle issues !!

Also can l buy a silicone hose to replace and if so where to get said hose ??

Thanks as usual guys !!

BRendan

i've recently had idling issues turns out there was 2 splits in the pipework under the manifold.

i followed the catch can/pcv delete in the stickies and it cost me the whole of £50 for the parts and now im leak free.

Forge make the silicone hoses. I bought mine from jbs

smoke tester available locally? may save you much time looking

Hi Badger, wish there was mate. Been calling everyone to no avail !! All the garages just want to charge me time for looking for the leak, which could be hours of labour :(

Just fitted the S2k airfilter mod. lol l kinda butchered the silicone reducer, now l want 1 of your TIP's !! Do you have any used ones ??

i've recently had idling issues turns out there was 2 splits in the pipework under the manifold.

i followed the catch can/pcv delete in the stickies and it cost me the whole of £50 for the parts and now im leak free.

Good shout mate, lm thinking thats my next thing to do, lm a total noob. How hard iis it ??

Hi Badger, wish there was mate. Been calling everyone to no avail !! All the garages just want to charge me time for looking for the leak, which could be hours of labour :(

Just fitted the S2k airfilter mod. lol l kinda butchered the silicone reducer, now l want 1 of your TIP's !! Do you have any used ones ??

I do have an early V2 to sell in black

Good shout mate, lm thinking thats my next thing to do, lm a total noob. How hard iis it ??

i just followed the guide and I can't see why anybody couldn't do it themselves. Make sure you have all the parts before hand.

i just followed the guide and I can't see why anybody couldn't do it themselves. Make sure you have all the parts before hand.

Yeah i found that out the hard way before lol

Im gonna give it a blast, l was reading about the cans. What one did you go for ??

I bought a 15mm catch can off ebay. Couldn't justify the cost of the 19mm that is the preferred option, I used 19mm pipe up to the t piece then 15mm from T to tank and then 15mm to atmosphere under the car.

Diagnosis is very simple.

#1 Idle vehcile & listen for any hissing noise from vacuum pipes. If you cant hear anything....
#2 Spray a little bit of brake clean or the likes on vacuum hoses one at a time untill you hear a change in engine RPM or a hissing noise, then inspect where you believe the noise is coming from.

Under the intake manifold has a few small vacuum hoses that are well knowen for cracking/Leaking.
Lastly, the hose you have pictured is also very possible too.

Diagnosis is very simple.

#1 Idle vehcile & listen for any hissing noise from vacuum pipes. If you cant hear anything....
#2 Spray a little bit of brake clean or the likes on vacuum hoses one at a time untill you hear a change in engine RPM or a hissing noise, then inspect where you believe the noise is coming from.

Under the intake manifold has a few small vacuum hoses that are well knowen for cracking/Leaking.
Lastly, the hose you have pictured is also very possible too.

i have been using the spray method, using easy start spray. I checked this pipe using that method and it did not rev...

its a total nightmare !!