lots of fault codes!!!

VOM

Reaction score

Hello!

I'm new to this forum. I just got a A3 which has been off the road for a year or more, it is showing up a lot of fault codes, the airbag warning light is on as is the ABS light. I've listed the codes and what the diagnostic report said about them, the one I'm most interested in is the 65535 code, I have that in a few places but it says in the description aspect of the report 'system OK (If fault still evident, check control unit and associated wiring)' I've been looking online and have found that this particular code can mean pretty bad news! The airbag is also throwing up a 00532 code, saying voltage supply, value too low, intermittent, but it doesn't seem that that code can be cleared as when it is cleared it the light goes out for a second and then comes back on again wiht the fault showing up immediately. The ABS light goes out when the codes a are deleted but a few minutes later the fault returns, I think that might just be the right speed sensor though as having tested it there is no resistence in it at alll. Anyway I've attached details of the report I got! I would be grateful for any advice anyone might have in relation to this. Thanks in advance!!

Vehicle: Audi - A3 [-03] - 1997
diagostic

Petrol (AEH - Simos - MT/AT) (after last fault code deletion)

DTC Description

65535 - System OK (If fault still evident, check control unit and associated wiring)

Petrol (AEH - Simos - MT/AT)

DTC Description

00537 - Lambda regulation
- Lower stop value
- Intermittent

Petrol (AKL - Simos - MT/AT) (after last fault code deletion)
DTC Description

65535 - System OK (If fault still evident, check control unit and associated wiring)

Brake (ABS/EDL - Teves 20 GI - MT/AT) (after last fault code deletion)
DTC Description

00285 - Front right wheel speed sensor
- No symptom
- Permanent

01312 - CAN buss powertrain
- Faulty
- Permanent

Instrument (Instrument - Diagnose) (after last fault code deletion)

DTC Description

Immobiliser (Immo/Instr - Diagnose) (after last fault code deletion)
DTC Description

Restraints (Airbag - VW3) (after last fault code deletion)
DTC Description

00532 - Voltage supply
- Signal too low
- Intermittent

Central lock (Central locking) - Diagnose) (after last fault code
deletion)

DTC Description

I should add that it appears the heater radiator has been leaking and has been dripping onto or near the airbag module however this still wouldn't explain why I'm getting all the 65535 codes in other systems would it? Is it possibel to clear that code if I did replace the module? is the code stored in the airbag module or the ECU itself?

Anyway any ideas anyone has would be very much appreciated!
Thanks!!

...for example... VAG have several variations of the ABS code you are getting... VAG have extended the meanings a little depending on the conditions the fault arises...

00285 - Ross-Tech Wiki

00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45)
00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45): Signal Outside Specifications
00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45): Electrical Fault in Circuit
Possible Causes

Open Circuit in Wiring from/to ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45)
ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check Wiring from/to ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45)
Check ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45)

00285 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45): Mechanical Malfunction
Possible Causes

Excessive Air Gap between ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45) and Rotor
Short Circuit in Wiring from/to ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45)
ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45) faulty

Possible Solutions

Check ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45) Installation
Check Wiring from/to ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45)
Check ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Right (G45)

I would just change the sensor... had this on a Mk4 Golf not so long back and none of them measure resistance... I believe this is normal

<tuffty/>

based in Cork in the south of Ireland!