More rust problems............

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
Going over the car yesterday after washing it and discovered first signs of rust starting to bubble-up (hasn't broken the surface yet.

this time it's on the passenger side rea-rillar panel, next to the back section of the roof drain - great NOT

the cold weather seems to have brought it on

this is the secong hotspot after the bottom of the doors, as far as I know??

I'm guessing Audi's excuse this time will be that water sits in the drain channel all the time so it's a 'high exposure area' and of course there's nothing they can do about it warranty-wise

Anybody else had rust in this area and what was the outcome if you tried to make a claim??

I had/have the same problem, the cant rail? ie the section between the roof rail and rear windows/rear 1/4 panel along the top. Got told by Audi dealer yes no problem to get it sorted under bodywork warranty until they tried to put the claim in and then was informed that this area is trim??

If you're out of std warranty then Audi will most likely say no go as its a trim item and they are not covered, only the galvanised body is covered by bodywork. Personally I think the warranty company are taking the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif with saying this is trim.

Still have to sort mine out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Yes this is another problem area due to the design of the drain channels. Mine hasn't got this problem as it's had a full respray now, but another guy that had the door problems also had this problem on their roof.

Another area to check for rust while you are at it is where the rear bumper fits into the supports on the rear quarter. Mine was starting to go there as well.

The Audi warranty for the body is not worth the paper it is written on! As they always seem to class any problems as something else that is not covered by the warranty.

What the F*CK is covered by the warranty?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soap.gif