lightweight batterys. Talk to me guys.......

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So as the title says really, whos got one, believe prawn has! How much are they and whats best? Are they easy to fit, plug and play or do they need the connectors modifying? And lastly are they ok for a car like my s3 that gets used 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

Ritar 12200 in mine mate. it's a goodun!

If left for ages, and the car worked on, stereo used, cranked over without firing etc etc, then it'll perhaps not last quite as well as a standard battery, but I can happily park mine up for 3 weeks in the snow, and it'll start perfectly when the snow's melted. also runs all electrics fine at night with no drain.

Only cost me £29 delivered on ebay too! and can be mounted in the stock location very easily.

Argh nice one mate, thats what I wanted. Doe the cables connect on same as a standard battery or do they need modifying?

Getting rid of your mats, lightweight battery.. Fishy you are dani ;)

Reactions: s3dave
Haha dont what you mean matey. Prawny anymore input on fitting this battery?

Your up to something! You making a track car or something?

Haha thatd be telling now wouldn't it ;).

Who me, no haha.

Anway, help still needed people, surely theres more than Prawn running one.

Would not mind one of these so I can modify my map sensor pipe to 63 mm

I've bought one of the ones Prawn recommended and will be fitting it in the next week or so. I've had it a while so can't remember exactly which one it is I've got.

Can you post a right up mate? I want to see if you need to mod the cable ends etc.

if your batteries are draining, then you have a problem, or you're buying **** batteries lads.

My £29 ebay scooter battery is perfect!

Ritar battery:

Bracket to hold it down, fastened through the battery tray with 2 lengths of M8 thread bar:

Fuse box sits nicely on top:

And standard terminals used, just turned on their sides:

Simples, took about 30 mins to fit and make the bracket.