• 1 Post By Gops
  • 2 Post By Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.
  • 1 Post By Prawn
  • 1 Post By superkarl

Thread: Car getting mapped in 3 week

5th Gear

Status

Car getting mapped in 3 week

Finally the car is getting mapped I'm taking it to rick at unicore let's see what the thing can give at last
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Been a while ey gaz! You finished your build then?
    s3gazz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Neutral

Status
    cheers for the head lights gazz, finally bought one to replace the knackered one fom you.

3rd Gear

Status
    I think we will have to give it a good check over first Should go well
    badger5 and Alex C like this.
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I thought it went for mapping at rtech long ago Gaz? More issues since? never finished?

All the best with it anyway mate
    s3gazz likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Wind Deflector Trend-setter

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by azman View Post
    cheers for the head lights gazz, finally bought one to replace the knackered one fom you.
    "azman has a little shameless behaviour in the past"

I guess some things never change.
    2000 Plate Audi S3 1.8T Santorin Blue - 275BHP on Custom Parsons Performance remap, Forge 007p DV, Red DogBush, Milltek non-res, Lowered 35mm Apex springs, Badger5 TIP/cone filter/heat shield, Powerflex'd, Large FMIC, Relentless Downpipe, Parsons Decat and lots of love.
    On gearbox number 4.
    Further modification to come..

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Routledge View Post
    "azman has a little shameless behaviour in the past"

I guess some things never change.
    what you mean by this, for speaking up?
    only saying, i bought some face lift lights off gazz via ebay, went and got em, they had fly eye on them, removed it couple of weeks later to see one of the lenses was beyond repair, and had to replace it.
    but thanks for he negative princess

5th Gear

Status
    Azman I'm sorry about this my friend if I new about this I would not of sold them at all pal u should of contacted me mate and I'd of sorted it out .
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    I thought it went for mapping at rtech long ago Gaz? More issues since? never finished?

All the best with it anyway mate
    ha lol nick no pal it's not been and had no money to get mapped but got a job now so more mods and see what this ***** finally makes haha

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    Been a while ey gaz! You finished your build then?
    yes pal all done just need a new ecu I think rick is going to look in to this when I take the car to him.

so what u guys think might be the outcome lol

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    What's the engine spec now Gaz?
    Was 531bhp 8L S3 thats going to break the 600+ bhp Club then break something else. Lets see what this OD HTAGT3582r can do
    My S3 Twists Drive shafts for fun.

FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts
    , relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

5th Gear

Status
    Turbo spec is

Compressor is a 2283 sized wheel but with a 7+7 blade design. Modified compressor housing. Custom made k16 sized turbine wheel 55mm/46.5mm . a ported and modified turbine housing. Upgraded bearing kit. 15psi uprated actuator.

AGU head ported
    AGU pistons
    wmi kit
    v3 ported mani
    v3 3" ported downpipe decat and milltek
    Welly cooler
    550cc injectors
    inline fuel pump
    jetex
    dv
    power gasket
    v2 badger 5 tip
    I.E rifle drilled rods

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    With the beach buggy turbo and everything is good then I would say you could hit the 300 mark
    Was 531bhp 8L S3 thats going to break the 600+ bhp Club then break something else. Lets see what this OD HTAGT3582r can do
    My S3 Twists Drive shafts for fun.

FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts
    , relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

5th Gear

Status
    I hope so we will see large port inlet mani to go on and the new v4 mani when proven I'm saying 320 bhp owt above that is great for me more a less same spec as prawns so don't see why not lol

Alex

Status
    I would hope you'd get well over the 300 mark. Going to say 333
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I would push it off the nearest cliff if it only made 300...

www.badger5.co.uk

Status
    this would require an Actual Dyno not derived from airflow power Gaz
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

5th Gear

Status
    Yes pal that's what I'm thinking bill it's getting scrapped if it only make. 300 lol as Dave says off the cliff it goes

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    whats Dans thoughts of its capabilitiea? And k16 turbine in tiny ko4 housing. How does the k16 compared to the rs6 wheel thats commonly used?

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    With the beach buggy turbo and everything is good then I would say you could hit the 300 mark

I was just about to answer this ^^^

With this:

Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    I would push it off the nearest cliff if it only made 300...
    I know mine was a freak, but if it only made 300 after that much work I'd actually burn it.

A GOOD hybrid, PROPERLY built and specced can make 300bhp from just 1 bar of boost. Beyond that the limit is open for debate, but 320-330 seems to be the general area in which a good one should fall.

Unless it's mine
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

6th Gear

Status
    Definitely up around the 330bhp mark, but it needs a dyno as I can tell you that it'll flow 280grams on the maf easily and if you went off that alone its nonsense.

It's also about not having the surge with these units making more drivable.

Other than Gaz, Bill and 2 others these are the only k04 units with the k16 turbine. It works well in the Tfsi and in the k03 hybrid and hopefully in this as well, the question as always will be in the turbine housing limits it .

5th Gear

Status
    I think it will do great my self but that's me. Dan makes a great turbo so it can be done we will see in 3 week what's happens

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    good luck anyway gazz, its about time you had a finished car so you can finally breathe again. its been nothing but trouble for you.
    s3gazz likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Plus it's running 300bhp in a small k03 Hybrid on a ermmm pretty worn engine:-)

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks Karl it has been nowt but trouble lol your right there.

Nice to no that dan hopes are rising haha carnt wait