Inlet manifold options

vroomtshh

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered already. I did search, but couldn;t find anything useful

I have a largeport head to fit to my LCR. Now I obviously have the original intake manifold on, with a phenolic gasket.

What are the best options, in terms of cost vs power from the following

Original BAM inlet
Original BAM inlet ported out to match Largeport
Original BAM plenum, with AEB runners welded on
Excess Plenum with AEB runners.

I'm expecting that the Excess plenum is probably the best option for ultimate flow. But is it enough of a difference to any of the other options for me to be spending £300 on? The actual welding isn;t a cost, or an issue for me. I have an AEB mani, and a couple of BAM ones, so the only way it would be a cost is if I'm buy an Excess plenum.

Car will be running a beachbuggy hybrid, 550cc injectors, all the usual supporting mods

bam with aeb runners would be easy and cheap to do.

as to whether its worth putting a larger plenum on those aeb runners, no one knows, no ones tested it. Certainly not at ko4 hybrid levels. Gains with a big turbo are real, and worth it. If you dont mind spending the money on a xcessive plenum, then do it, i shouldnt imagine it would do much harm.

bam with aeb runners would be easy and cheap to do.

as to whether its worth putting a larger plenum on those aeb runners, no one knows, no ones tested it. Certainly not at ko4 hybrid levels. Gains with a big turbo are real, and worth it. If you dont mind spending the money on a xcessive plenum, then do it, i shouldnt imagine it would do much harm.

I didn;t realise no-one had done at hybrid level. I knew Tuffty had the same setup but BT isn;t really comparable.
I don;t mind spending money, but I want to spend money in the right areas. Theres no point spending £300 for 1bhp, but for 10, across the rev range, there probably is.
I'm not even really a viable test option. It really needs a before and after test done to see what gains there are, and I won;t be having a before. As per my other post, I'm building it once and dropping it in - hopefully lol

I think you should do the xessive plenum / AEB runners, even if you gain 1/2 a hp its looks cool as feck :)

This is what I have done

Last edited by a moderator:
You fancy making more and selling them scullies :).

Reactions: Gops
null-2.jpg
:nyah:

You fancy making more and selling them scullies :).

To be honest, its not that difficult to make. I cant weld to save my life, so I got a guy to weld the runners to the plate.
Then I used a miller spool welder, which makes welding so easy even I could do it, to weld the plenum to the plate. It was messy, so the smoothing it off was necessary. Then I primed, painted and left it in my car to bake in the summer heat here.
If you can do the DIY bits yourself, you can save a fair bit on labour costs.
Also shipping would be mental from Dubai.
My idea can be improved on a lot, I just put the idea out there for people who want velocity stacks on the cheap :rockwoot:

Ask Mr Bill if he can make you some ScullieStacks ®™ :lmfao:

Whats bills prices though paul? Scullies I dont have a welder etc mate.

Whats bills prices though paul? Scullies I dont have a welder etc mate.

Neither do I, but beers are the no1 choice to bribe a mate who has a welder :)

And I am sure Bill will be a lot cheaper than a SEM, 034 or IE manifold

Prices vary tbh... the basic manifold is something like 450 quid from memory... something like the one Scullies has produced takes more time to fabricate and adds to the cost... beer won't work with Bill... he is tee-total... :)

<tuffty/>

maybe get Bill, 1 times extra hot in spicey fire spitting ring sting curry, in all in all :)

Reactions: badger5