Aero Wipers ?

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Seen these about approx 80 quid, but whats the benefits/difference ?

I have an S3.

Thanks

Matt

I haven't found any difference. Apart from the look cool. Definately worth the purchase though.

I've had the aero wipers m on my T Sport for a couple of months now and think they are far superior to the old ones. Also the blades are so easy to fit to the arms unlike the fiddly clips on the standard ones.

They offer an even sweep over the windscreen due to the way they work, where the standard items seems streaky sometimes, but I havn't used mine enough for them to wear down enough, so can't comment on durability. Annoying thing is, when the screen has just been cleaned or a RainX added to the screen, the Aero items judder accross the screen, this is the same for my Passat aswell, cos I bought a set for that car aswell... overall though, they are superior and better looking than the normal wipers imo.

Agree with Jojo - Aero wipers great at any speed, but forget about using rainX! They REALLY dont like it!

What's the best thing to cure the judder? My aeros are driving me mad!
I have it valeted, so not too sure what the screen is cleaned with.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the best thing to cure the judder? My aeros are driving me mad!

[/ QUOTE ]

put the real wipers back on (mine work fine)... la la la la la la la... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

Ah that's why mine judder then! I didn't realise that is was the RainX that was doing it.

Any cure for it then? As I don't want to stop using RainX

I find they judder a bit without RainX. Sometimes mine want to 'stick' when the cycle has finished - so they stay up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

...perhaps slighlty slackening the tension on the nuts will reduce juddering a bit?

Rob

I don't use RainX, so no judder from my wipers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, just the feedback from others who have Aero wipers.

Get the judder occasionally; try wiping the blade tip down in RainX.

Here are pics fitted
Front:
32639-wipers.jpg

Back:
32883-rearaerowiper600.jpg

Since I stopped using RainX i never get any judder at all - and they are still the best wipers Ive ever had!

Autoglym glass polish doesnt seem to cause the judder..

I tried lots of things to get RainX off, even vinegar, after about 10 days it had worn away sufficiently..

hth

yup, but they also say that a cracked windscreen stops your airbags working and that putting petrol into your diesel engine costs 3K to sort.

and that when your car wont start you need a new battery :p

to be honest i think the standard wipers are fine & for the cost & the actual difference looks / performance wise i dont think its worth it but of course each to there own.