turbo or dv

jimmer 22

Reaction score
I have just repaired a couple quite bad leaks on the pcv system. Bad enough that I couldn't even get over 5 psi in the system with my leak tester. Its still not perfect but its a hundred times better. I will be getin rid of the hole system as soon as i can so it will do for now. Iv took it out for a run and the turbo sounds alot louder, at least I think its the turbo. Would this be normal? Only other thing I can think of is that the crappy standard recirc valve isnt workin properly. Boost seems slightly spikey aswell. Any input greatly appreciated. Cheers

I have just repaired a couple quite bad leaks on the pcv system. Bad enough that I couldn't even get over 5 psi in the system with my leak tester. Its still not perfect but its a hundred times better. I will be getin rid of the hole system as soon as i can so it will do for now. Iv took it out for a run and the turbo sounds alot louder, at least I think its the turbo. Would this be normal? Only other thing I can think of is that the crappy standard recirc valve isnt workin properly. Boost seems slightly spikey aswell. Any input greatly appreciated. Cheers

The "crappy" standard 710N is better than almost all "aftermarket" valves.

Put a new 710N on and see what happens. £31inc VAT at TPS.

Take the original dv off mate and check around the nipple on the top as they tend to crack around the nipple and the edges next to the nipple, had the same prob with mine so ive put another on and now i have good boost :)

cheers guys. have replaced it with a forge 007p and is alot better

Lol whats up 16klappe. Thought these were the best valves to put on these....

The "crappy" standard 710N is better than almost all "aftermarket" valves.

Put a new 710N on and see what happens. £31inc VAT at TPS.

As per this ^ and 99.9% of people who know what they are talking abouts recommendations.

007p valves look great and can work just as well as a standard valve, but often don't seal correctly and require maintenance and regular pressure testing.

Make sure you have the revised piston with rubber o-ring, otherwise you are just putting off the inevitable and will end up for a scored piston and worn sealing surface which will mean lapping in and resealing.

A DV only does one job, relieve pressure from the pressurised intake tract. A stock DV does an excellent job of sealing and relieving pressure quickly.

A stronger sprung 007p will in theory only release pressure slower. And as the pressure on the top of a 007p (and stock DV) is pressurising the seal as well as providing the suction to open the valve the weaker the return spring you can get away with the better.

A stock DV is PERFECT for our cars on their standard turbo up to as much air (and beyond) as our stock turbos can flow an compress.

Did you buy new or second hand?

Ah, ok. Well now I know. Lol. I bought a new one. I read a couple of threads on here saying that the 007p works great with a badger5 intake kit, which is next on my order list so I went with that.

Cheers for your input tho.
I know for next time

If you bought new it should have the rubberised o-ring, so should work just as well as standard but look more bling.

B5 TIP is a must have for a K04 :)

Sorry if I seem grumpy, I am generally.

Reactions: azman
Haha. No worries mate. Yeah like I said its first on the list. And its a long list, lol.

The good thing is forge have now realised the flaw in their design after people leak/seal testing them. So if people are buying new then theyre ok, people buying old style ones second hand are the suckers.

Diaphram valves over piston anyday.