8l 1.8t problem shooting help

A16RNN

Reaction score
Hi just bought a 8l a3 1.8t sport and have a few problems...

1stly engine management light came on and lost the speedo?

Secondly oil sensor has come up, put oil in but still there?

Another the battery went flat, since then, the radio doesn't go off with ignition, the windows don't go up automatically (have to hold switch)

Lastly (for now) when I put side/dip beam lights on, the front fogs and the reverse lights come on? Could this be an earth or any other help?

If people could help with any of these would be Awsome thanks

Seems you have some wiring issues with the lights.. Check your wiring on your rear and front lights.

Use VCDS to scan for your faults! Alot of them will be picked up.

What's vcds? Same as vagcom? Anyone else had these problems??

To fix the windows thing you need to just hold both switches up for 5 seconds (ignition on) and it re-enables one touch...

The fog lights issue maybe because you have pulled the light switch out to turn on the fogs... these come on with the sidelights... I would read the manual if you have one to fully understand how the switch works as it can be a little confusing initially but intuitive once you have the hang of it..

Reversing lights thing is most likely a poor earth or an issue with the rear light clusters... you don't have aftermarket lights fitted?

As suggested scan with VCDS (formally VagCom)... there is information on how to get this sorted in the FAQ thread in the stickies or the link below my build thread link in my signature below

<tuffty/>

Thanks for that.. I am meaning to check earths once I get 2 mins, fog light nope I'm not pulling the switch out lol I'm thinking it could be a faulty switch? Or earth?