EM TuningBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 3" down pipe for audi s3

2nd Gear

Status

3" down pipe for audi s3

Hi there, im looking at getting a relentlessly dp and maybe the manifold but cant seem to find where to buy these any help would be good
    I can see them on ebay.com but not over here in the uk.
    Are they available over here to buy
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Search for 'relentless k04' in facebook...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    Is that the only way Paul?
    Sad thing is im anti facebook so dont have an account on there

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Do you know anyone on FB? Just get them to contact Sam B. IMHO I wouldn't get a relentless again. I'd pay more money and get one made that'll actually fit properly!
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chaz20vt View Post
    Is that the only way Paul?
    Sad thing is im anti facebook so dont have an account on there
    If they aren't on ebay then as far as I know yeah... XS Power is their 'presence' in the UK or through Sam B on the facebook page...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok thanks for the info, any ideas on prices on a custom made 3" downpipe and decat ?

Badger 5 Edition

Status

Reverse Gear

Status
    Where elce sells a decent tubular manifold other than relentless as kinda of reluctant to buy one as hear of every ones cracking.

3rd Gear

Status
    The exhaust manifold is indeed cracking, it needs to be reinforced before installation in case you go that route.

But as far as I know the op is asking about a downpipe, and I think their downpipe is not that bad. actually in my opinion I even think it's good, and the price is fair enough.
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

2nd Gear

Status
    What sort of price are they do you know ?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1937218
    Is this or the relentless one better paul.?
    Seems pricey for a dp and decat or is that thebgoing rate now

2nd Gear

Status
    I fancy the relentless manifold to but its a lot of work to take the head of
    Plus if the head come of id want to find a aeb head and put uprated rods at the same time

3rd Gear

Status
    Taking the head off is not a must. Its a lot easier with the head off, but it's not impossible without it. Ive taken mine on and off twice without removing the head.
    There is a thread about it on this forum somewhere
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlippo View Post
    Taking the head off is not a must. Its a lot easier with the head off, but it's not impossible without it. Ive taken mine on and off twice without removing the head.
    There is a thread about it on this forum somewhere
    How long did it take you and what did you need to remove bud?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Is this or the relentless one better paul.?
    Seems pricey for a dp and decat or is that thebgoing rate now
    Pipe werx... always were that kinda price... a custom one from Bill would cost that or more...

<tuffty/>

2nd Gear

Status
    Am I better of trying to soure a relentless one then?

2nd Gear

Status
    Am I better of trying to soure a relentless one then?
    As I've found out relentless quality can be a bit 'iffy' - gave my 3" downpipe and sports cat to the garage that was fitting my new manifold to be told that it doesn't fit - needs modifying to make it fit, was hitting the prop shaft. They couldn't modify it so charged me an extra £100 in labour for the messing about.

Going to midland VW this Tuesday to see if they can modify it to fit.

If I had another chance, I'd probably go pipeworx downpipe for the easier option - would have been the cheaper option as well considering the extra labour charge.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by russwuss View Post
    As I've found out relentless quality can be a bit 'iffy' - gave my 3" downpipe and sports cat to the garage that was fitting my new manifold to be told that it doesn't fit - needs modifying to make it fit, was hitting the prop shaft. They couldn't modify it so charged me an extra £100 in labour for the messing about.

Going to midland VW this Tuesday to see if they can modify it to fit.

If I had another chance, I'd probably go pipeworx downpipe for the easier option - would have been the cheaper option as well considering the extra labour charge.
    Can I ask what your dp cost

2nd Gear

Status
    Can I ask what your dp cost
    Yeah sure, it was £270 via gift payment from Samuel Bryant on Facebook.. He works for relentless in the UK, however ships from China I think. Took 4 days to arrive. Hopefully midland vw can sort if though, the dp is a very tight for as is. 10mm away from prop shaft at best some people have said on here.

2nd Gear

Status
    That was sports cat though, decat was £225. I think there's a new version coming out from relentless very shortly though.. So might be worth waiting to see if that's a better fitment?

2nd Gear

Status
    Hmm might do that which one did you get mate v3.?

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep the V3 mate.. Ill be saying its worth every penny when it's fitted haha.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yea I bet you cant wait id like a b5 tip and this dp, decat then thinking of a stage 2 map at r-tech or badger 5

4th Gear

Status
    I know I don't have a KO4 and therefore don't NEED a Relentless (XSPower) DP, but lots of things bug the hell out of me as I run multiple online businesses and want to vent about this situation for KO4 owners:

Being a UK distributor for what is a mediocre brand and only selling through Facebook is lame. It costs £2 a month to host a website. I can build a decent looking website in an hour. Shopify is £10pm and takes even less time. And, not only that, the downpipes break all the time. I understand that development takes a little time but really, I've read all of the posts on here and elsewhere and have heard about and seen first hand the dismal quality of XS Power exhausts/manifolds on other cars, and I can't believe that it's the go-to choice for S3/KO4 owners.

Sam, if you're watching, really, get a website up at least, take some liability for what you're selling and take accept credit cards. The fact that someone paid as a gift means that YOU know that there probably will be problems down the line with Relentless products and want to avoid the liability with the 'gift' option of PayPal, and therefore, is something of a dodgy business that should be avoided.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport AUM K03S|Second owner|Forge 007p|CM TIP|Yellow Dogbone|Pipercross panel|Stage1Map
    WANTED: Audi A4 B7 or MK5 5Dr Golf GTi (manual)(Want to Buy December 2014 so Keep Me in Mind)

2nd Gear

Status
    Never thought about that , maybe I should stick with pipewerx

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Sam is just a rep, he doesnt control what they do or the quality they produce.

Its chinese ****e at the end of the day, with some US influence, so not 100% chinese ****e, maybe 80% ****e.
    Anyway, the downpipes are boss, they fit, theyre cheap, theyre reliable, they do the job in hand. 1000s sold, never known any major* issues myself. Mine was one of the best mods to my car when it was ko4.

*by major, i mean this doesnt include people whinning about it knocking, or rubbing etc. Its a 3 inch bore pipe squeezing through a transmission tunnel the size of a gnats chuff. If youre worried about tight fits, or having to align things and alter/undo mounts etc, modding is not for you.

2nd Gear

Status
    I dunno which to get now

Down under

Status
    He probably does gift payments so its cheaper for everyone. You don't always pay fees doing it that way. I use it to pay for items on vortex. It's common practice to avoid being done over by PayPal. I'm sure he'd do the goods option if you wanted to pay more !
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Its just a shame they are not 3" too.... more like 69mm

2nd Gear

Status
    I thought relentless was 3"

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JudderMan View Post
    I know I don't have a KO4 and therefore don't NEED a Relentless (XSPower) DP, but lots of things bug the hell out of me as I run multiple online businesses and want to vent about this situation for KO4 owners:

Being a UK distributor for what is a mediocre brand and only selling through Facebook is lame. It costs £2 a month to host a website. I can build a decent looking website in an hour. Shopify is £10pm and takes even less time. And, not only that, the downpipes break all the time. I understand that development takes a little time but really, I've read all of the posts on here and elsewhere and have heard about and seen first hand the dismal quality of XS Power exhausts/manifolds on other cars, and I can't believe that it's the go-to choice for S3/KO4 owners.

Sam, if you're watching, really, get a website up at least, take some liability for what you're selling and take accept credit cards. The fact that someone paid as a gift means that YOU know that there probably will be problems down the line with Relentless products and want to avoid the liability with the 'gift' option of PayPal, and therefore, is something of a dodgy business that should be avoided.
    For the record:
    Sam is'nt employed by Relentless/XS Power
    He has fronted them and acted as go between, which is an unenviable position given the erratic quality which arrives with customers

Agee its lame way of contact/purchase.... XS Power are the UK face, but it is confusing who supplys what to whome with these guys..

On a side note.. I am all ears re your experience in setting up online shop etc..... could you pm me re this? thanks
    Gops likes this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

2nd Gear

Status
    Which should i try and go for out of the to

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I thought relentless was 3"
    Dont worry so do most people.. i chamfered one a couple of weeks ago so it wasnt hitting a brick wall coming out of the turbo.. i will get pics up later..

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by russwuss View Post
    I had this issue when turning left due to the DP hitting the prop shaft.

Ben @ parsons modified the DP so it wasn't that bad, and only hit when pushing hard....but to completely cure the issue I replaced the engine mounts and now know knocking what so ever
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

RIP S3dave

Status
    Which should i try and go for out of the to
    Pipewerx or Blueflame should be higher quality and better fit

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

RIP S3dave

Status
    one thing to note.... soft engine mounts and any 3" downpipe is asking for some touching.. there is so little space down there..
    kwistof likes this.

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    one thing to note.... soft engine mounts and any 3" downpipe is asking for some touching.. there is so little space down there..
    'tired' engine mounts and a 3" DP are not a good combination

Downpipe results in replacing my engine mounts
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the advice guys ill look at the prices for a Blue flame dp i think

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    My relentess downpipe and sports cat fitted perfectly (although the gaskets supplied are pooh).

After fitting a new gasket and swapping my engine mounts i did have a knocking grinding noise as shown in the thread linked above but after a bit of jiggery pokery with where the engine mounts were adjustable all is quiet and good.

I have not had to bend any of the mounts on the DP or modify it in anyway to get it to fit.

Removing the OEM DP now thats a different story!
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Thanks for the advice guys ill look at the prices for a Blue flame dp i think
    Think you maybe in for a shock... last time I looked these were around £700 (that was the sports cat version)

<tuffty/>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast