FAO K03s owners wanting a silicone turbo intake pipe/TIP for their 1.8t

16Klappe

Man Boost!
Supporter
Reaction score
Check your hardware!

This picture has been branded about many times, but it's so informative it deserves its own thread.

971529_10201550424382368_652019604_n.jpg

It shows the clear sizing and subsequent flow compromises that running cheap hardware can give.

Not all silicone intake pipes are the same, the picture shows the top intake pipe (Forge) as having a clear flow advantage over the THS intake pipe (bottom) and a generic Creation Motorsport/Autobahn/ebay crap intake pipe in the middle.

There is plenty of low end torque and top end power to be had by increasing the flow in this area.

That's without mentioning the SFS Supersize K03 fitment intake pipe; which has recently seen some of the best results ever recorded on a K03 hybrid.

998831_10201550413262090_2115572346_n.jpg

Wanting a bit more, or looking to maximize your current setup. Take note, don't feel left out by the K04 boys having it all their way with a Badger 5 TIP :thumbsup:

:beerchug:

Forge tip shouldn't even come into the equation when the sfs supersize is out.

You may aswell have just made a notice: only bother with sfs supersive for max gains.

Forge tip shouldn't even come into the equation when the sfs supersize is out.

You may aswell have just made a notice: only bother with sfs supersive for max gains.

Fair one.

The SFS is ****** good compared to a Forge one by all accounts; that said I haven't tried one yet although I do have the old standard SFS TIP.

I'm trying to chat up with Simon at Ecotech to send me one for testing or Niki who is now supplying R-Tech branded ones. Niki has seen as much as 7bhp gains from a Forge TIP to an SFS one and over 14bhp from an eBay special to an SFS.

That said I think Bill needs to get in on the action, as he already has all the "passing trade" from the K04 TIP fame.

At the massive risk if being made to look like a complete dope , where can you buy the supersize ?
I've looked and an struggling !
eBay , no
Sfs website , can't see it !
Google , no !
I give in , who sells them please ?
Oh and PS do they fit a k03 aswell as the k03s ?