Newbie saying hi and Introducing my S3. Also some advice please

LynxE

Reaction score
Hey I'm fairly new round here. Thought I'd make my own topic introducing myself and my S3

So, yeah, Hey :thumbsup:

Some pics. 02 S3, Ming Blue. 122k. I'm no expert but I have receipts for some work. It is Stage 2 APR remapped (3" downpipe, high flow cats, Miltek exhaust, hi flow fuel pump, Neuspeed cone filter, Dump valve) and supposed to be 285bhp. Might get it dyno tested

zXUn7G5.jpg

VdkUhAo.jpg

n4lVmxh.jpg

FLTndma.jpg

I need to get the wheels refurbed -been quoted £75 each which seems fine. I need a new back license plate as the other one looks shocking

The bonnet is peppered with chips. What's the best way to sort this? full respray or one of those touch up pens etc?

Might tint. Thoughts on this?

Might put some spacers on the alloys. The standard on here seems to be 20mm rear and 15mm front. Other than looks is there any benefits? Is there any drawbacks? Any recommendations on brand? Is it better to get the ones with longer bolts or the ones that bolt to the hub and then you use the normal bolts?

I noticed today that the left rear brake disc is covered in rust on it's surface so that caliper must be seized or other issue. Any recommendations on which brand of replacement discs etc?

Anything else I might consider doing? I see the how to section but I'm not entirely sure why some of the things are done

Anyway thanks for reading and I look forward to any advice anyone might have

Welcome mate... Nice car.... Nice colour... I just have the cheap spacers on mine do the same job with longer bolts... Will fill up the arches better.... I think 285 is a bit optimistic probably more like 260ish.... I would shop about a bit for the rims... About £50 each you should be looking to pay... You could just get the front blew in no need for full respray...

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice looking car. You will get lots of help and advice in here. There is a faqs thread at the top of this section, lots of good info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

If your interested in local mets with other members in your area, click the link below and add yourself onto the members list and browse the threads see whats happening soon, :) x

Yorkshire & Humberside

Welcome mate! Got my wheels done from midland car care at £200 for the lot. They do tinting as well so best to ask there!

cool, thanks guy. Probably have some more specific questions as and when I do things

Welcome to the site, car looks spot on mate :)