A3 1.8T Tuning

cpt_splash

Reaction score
Hi,

Been away so could not post any replies. 33 responses!! Not bad for my first posting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Regarding the tuning, I am still making up my mind. The sports exhaust will be certain, whether I go with the cats as well depends on budget. The 25bhp claim was from AmD not myself.
Just for the record, my standard 1.8T did a 0-60 in 7.66 and 1/4mile in 15.99secs. That was at GTi-Int 2002 at Wroughton. Won the Audi 2WD class.

GPS

[ QUOTE ]
cpt_splash said:
Hi,

Been away so could not post any replies. 33 responses!! Not bad for my first posting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Regarding the tuning, I am still making up my mind. The sports exhaust will be certain, whether I go with the cats as well depends on budget. The 25bhp claim was from AmD not myself.
Just for the record, my standard 1.8T did a 0-60 in 7.66 and 1/4mile in 15.99secs. That was at GTi-Int 2002 at Wroughton. Won the Audi 2WD class.

GPS

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you wouldn't of won this year, because I did! 0-60 in 6.49 and a slow 1/4 of 15.2, but that was chipped although I had only had it done for 2 days so wasn't quite able to find the power band to well. I also had an exhaust leak as well which wouldn't of helped. I'm looking forward to my next run...whenever that will be!

So are you going to the Santa Pod meet to meet the rest of the guys? You could race RichA3Turbo in his chipped A3T, and you'd probably beat him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif (Sorry Rich...I couldn't help it!)

Been practicing launches so dont be expecting to win! hahahaha... THATS why i dotn believe the timing gear... My 0-60 was ****... same as CPT Splash's 7.6 which i think is ********. Jasons A4 1.8T did a 7.5 0-60 as standard and my a3 was much quicker when it was chipped so GTI was a load of ****** IMO... The 1.4miles times seemed accurate, but the 0-60 times were ****!

Rich

Been waiting for you to bite...about time too!

But working on your opinion then my 1/4 mile time was not correct, as I definately left the line well after you....yet finsihed before you, so I should of beaten you by well over two tenths!!

I'm going to keep ramming it down your throat, just for the hell of it!! even if it is wrong! i just can'forget your face afterwards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Been waiting for you to bite...about time too!

But working on your opinion then my 1/4 mile time was not correct, as I definately left the line well after you....yet finsihed before you, so I should of beaten you by well over two tenths!!

I'm going to keep ramming it down your throat, just for the hell of it!! even if it is wrong! i just can'forget your face afterwards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif