need advice after s3 being hit by lorry

Shouldn't have to take off the excess - as the accident wasn't your fault (iirc) the other insurer will be paying and no excess applies.
either that or you will need to chase the lorry owner for it.

i hope they dont want any money off me at this very moment, the only thing in my pocket is lint! if they do they can ****** wait. cant see why though. i have done nothing wrong so i dont see why i should fork out a bean. tomorrow should be d-day for there new valuation. evry day extra ive got that brand new beamer to drive around in (vigorously) its costing them a pretty penny.

If the other party AND their insurance company has admitted liability then nothing will be taken from you. If it's something that will be argued/debated/negotiated among the insurance companies (even though you were not at fault) then they will probably omit the excess amount OFF any payment they make to you until the insurance company get the money of the other party and then give you that bit too.

So the lint in your pocket should remain there :) and hopefully lined with a bit of cash soon for your next eager purchase - what excitement eh ? look forward to viewing some S3's.

I hope you got agreement to be driving a BMW hire car, I always thought you were supposed to keep your costs down to a minimum. Although thinking about it it may just be a 1 series that you got on rent.

If the other party AND their insurance company has admitted liability then nothing will be taken from you. If it's something that will be argued/debated/negotiated among the insurance companies (even though you were not at fault) then they will probably omit the excess amount OFF any payment they make to you until the insurance company get the money of the other party and then give you that bit too.

So the lint in your pocket should remain there :) and hopefully lined with a bit of cash soon for your next eager purchase - what excitement eh ? look forward to viewing some S3's.

I hope you got agreement to be driving a BMW hire car, I always thought you were supposed to keep your costs down to a minimum. Although thinking about it it may just be a 1 series that you got on rent.
the management company whos dealing with the claim have given me the beamer, i was on it straight away asking them about that they stated in a letter that it was to no cost to me!! Still no reply off them i rang today and they said that the adverts i sent were with the engineers? why i dont know. Personally i think they are holding out hoping that an old **** box comes on the market to which they can send to me saying thier first offer was fine. Dont you just love em! Ive got myself geared for a new one now, i hope they dont decide that mine is now worth fixing as i think it will just lead to more hassle.

bad news folks they are refusing to up their offer and they are whipping the hire car back next wednesday, so looks like im going to have to suffer it and either try and get it sorted myself with the £1800 or get some of my own hard earnt cash and stump up the difference between the £2430 they think its worth and what im actually going to end up paying for a similar car. Blinding!! better get back to looking about for something!