Door swap !

basil brush

Reaction score
Hi everyone , when I purchased my 3 door the drivers side was suffering the usual but well advanced bottom edge rot so I got on the bay and bagged myself a new one in the right colour for twenty quid :)
mow its only the outer skin so I will need to reuse my subframe and door card BUT I have noticed on the window regulator how to that I should mark the wedge alignment with a pen but this won't be possible as I'm not refitting the subframe to my door skin !
Im perfectly capable of actually changing my door but am a bit concerned with getting the alignment right :0
any tips ?
Baz

Yeah , that's what I want to try and avoid Karl , there must be a pattern as to what wedge does what and I'd kind of like to know before I pull it all apart , a rough idea at least .
my OCD wont let me do things if the outcome will be less than perfect .
If I don't think I can get it just so I will be paying a body shop to do it ;)
baz

Take the passenger side door card off to mirror the pattern from that onto the drivers side?

Take pictures of how they sit before you remove them. However, as you're changing the skin, it will naturally take some fine tuning. The wedges are there to get it right, so copying other peoples won't really help.

I did it on mine, it's spot on. In fact I've done it twice now, but the second time I changed the frame/regulator.

Reactions: yoursixx