Brake Booster Line Question (Regarding the pcv mod)

lil bob

Reaction score
Hi all,

Only part of the PCV Mod I am worried about is the capping off the brake booster line. My question is, are my brakes going to work as normal if I cap the pipe off? Or will they ever fail one day because this pipe has been capped?

Martin

PCV Delete doesn't compromise the brakes if you are doing it right? what car is it?

You should familiarise yourself with how this stuff works really before going in and doing this kind of work... how will you know if you have done it correctly?

The brake servo requires a vacuum from the inlet manifold, this vacuum pipe also needs a one way/check valve (there should be one already fitted) to prevent boost from getting to the servo

Which guide are you using?

<tuffty/>

If you do what it says in the sticky then it WOULD be ok, otherwise we wouldn't have it as a sticky.

Ok... I assume you mean this?
IMG_0282.jpg

If so then it will be fine mate... if you look the other part of this is still connected to the inlet and has a check valve inline too... this is the vacuum feed the brake servo requires and it will be fine to cap off as per the instructions

<tuffty/>

Cheers guys that has helped a lot. You wouldn't know what parts I will need to do the mod? I know I need 19mm id hose, 2 90 elbows and a 19mm T, is there anything else I would need?

Martin

where can I buy a new one way valve as mine has failed