Alcantara Cleaning

adcooper

Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line
Reaction score
Can anyone help at all i have managed to get a mark on one of my front seats where its white Alcantara.

Any suggestions on what to clean it with?

Thanks for any replies in advance
. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

My girlfriend threw up in the back of my car last Friday after a night of binge drinking,
with a bit of effort you can remove the covers from the seats and hand wash them in
<30'C water and your regular washing powder/liquid then rinse, without damaging them.
I was expecting the water to turn bright blue but it didnt, with white covers you could
probably use warmer water. Front seats might be trickier to separate but not impossible.

I managed to get blood stains of the very front movable part of the yellow seats in my car by getting the cover off and using biological washing stuff by hand. would have really liked to get the rest of the covers off but it's very difficult on the recaros to do it right, means taking the seat to bits.

I need to find something like the pro carpet cleaner with a smaller end as if you can get the seats wet with bio cleaner then suck the dirty water out you'd be laughing - I reckon they'd look like new, then you just need to remove the bobbles with a razor or bobble remover.

Well, we've done sick and blood.
All that leaves is for someone to say "I was on brain detail after accidentally shooting my pal in the face" and we're done.

Dad + Fingers + Router spinning at 33,000rpm = Blood on seat at 120Mph on the way to hospital with both my parents in the car and no complaining from either... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

cheers for replies would any of you use vanish?

on another note, you can use an electronic jumper de fluffer to remove the bubbly bits off the alcantara, makes it look like brand new.

[ QUOTE ]
an electronic jumper de fluffer

[/ QUOTE ]

A what? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm slightly confused by this alcantara cleaning business - some people say not to get the alcanatra too wet, but then some say you can put the thing in the washing machine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The alcantara on my both my front seats has gone very bobbly all over the whole bottom part of the seat - would a bobble remover cure this or do you think the fact that the problem is quite bad means it's not curable?

Don't want to bother buying one if it's not realy going to help.

I certainly soaked my blue seat covers through whilst washing them and then hung them
on the radiator overnight to dry without any problems.

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly soaked my blue seat covers through whilst washing them and then hung them
on the radiator overnight to dry without any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting......

It may be an idea to dissolve some persil tablets in a bucket of warm water and give the front seats a good cleaning with a soft sponge. It dont really fancy taking the covers off the fronts!

[ QUOTE ]
Is THIS what you're talking about ian?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, cheers thats the one,

my seats had covered 60k miles and had quite a noticable bobbling. after running the machine over them, it completely removed all the bobbles.