Big thanks to the Badger 5 team, had an awesome day yesterday :)

slowcoach3

Reaction score
So having just finished a cheeky little build recently I had a day out at Badger 5 yesterday, had such a good day and all the work and stress now feels worth while!
I know everybody only wants to know figures :) Highest run was 290 and I came away with 288.3 and 314 lbft torque on a normal dyno ( Bills figure + 16% equals r-tech dyno) IIRC but I'll put the dyno plots up when I get a sec. Whatever it was it was made with 35 degrees ambient, tired fuel pump/maf and coils that are being replaced tomorrow. Nothing was dead but things can always be fresher!
The cars an animal and just keeps pulling, I havn't stopped smiling yet, fuel consumption is rubbish but I think that has more to do with me though. More important than just the figures was how enjoyable it was to spend a day there, seeing how the magic happens and having Bill patiently explain not just what hes doing but why and how it affects the outcome of the map was fascinating. Both Bill and Mark were super friendly and very generous with their knowledge and time despite having Phil and myself constantly questioning everything and asking silly questions lol As a bonus we both met Tuffty and his outrageous car, no matter how good it looks in pictures it looks so much better in real life!
I can't wait to sort a few maintenance jobs, get some meth and get back there, I couldn't recommend Bill and B5 enough, the whole experience was awesome and the car is totally different now! Pics and dyno graph to follow when I get a minute...

Reactions: JNP, cooper86, Alex C and 4 others
B5 TIP/Jetex, Wellycooler, oo7p, Relentless mani & downpipe, 3" cat back, Beachbuggy rebuilt turbo with uprated actuator and some polishing, freshly rebuilt bottom end ( cheers phil ) with IE forged rods and AGU pistons, silicone/deletes and stuff I've forgotten lol

Really nice spec Russ, I think AGU pistons are a top move too :)

Top result, and top service from b5 as we haev all come to expect :)

Reactions: slowcoach3
and its a solid engine so you can abuse the crap out of 290 horses and 314 torques without a worry in the world

p.s. post the graphs

That was my thinking, oem rings and shells decent spec pistons build and enjoy! I like to tinker so the car will suffer 'spec creep'! Its now future proofed for more tomfoolery. Im on my phone so graphs will go up when im on my pc later :)
Hows your plans for the weekend coming aling Nick, everything ready?

So having just finished a cheeky little build recently I had a day out at Badger 5 yesterday, had such a good day and all the work and stress now feels worth while!
I know everybody only wants to know figures :) Highest run was 290 and I came away with 288.3 and 314 lbft torque on a normal dyno ( Bills figure + 16% equals r-tech dyno) IIRC but I'll put the dyno plots up when I get a sec. Whatever it was it was made with 35 degrees ambient, tired fuel pump/maf and coils that are being replaced tomorrow. Nothing was dead but things can always be fresher!
The cars an animal and just keeps pulling, I havn't stopped smiling yet, fuel consumption is rubbish but I think that has more to do with me though. More important than just the figures was how enjoyable it was to spend a day there, seeing how the magic happens and having Bill patiently explain not just what hes doing but why and how it affects the outcome of the map was fascinating. Both Bill and Mark were super friendly and very generous with their knowledge and time despite having Phil and myself constantly questioning everything and asking silly questions lol As a bonus we both met Tuffty and his outrageous car, no matter how good it looks in pictures it looks so much better in real life!
I can't wait to sort a few maintenance jobs, get some meth and get back there, I couldn't recommend Bill and B5 enough, the whole experience was awesome and the car is totally different now! Pics and dyno graph to follow when I get a minute...

you're Welcome

Nice to meet you again, and Phil for first time

:)

Thats the sort of spec I would love to be running, glad it went well. Id ruddy love it if B5 were closer to Edinburgh than they are :huh: Keep on looking at where Im going on business and seeing if I can sneak in a quick visit for a hell of a lot of work :laugh:

Fantastic results!! Bill is a brilliant man and did a fantastic job on my old horsey! You got some fantastic figures! I wish I had rods, I would be playin with 293 lb ft!! Lol

As a ballpark figure, how much would it cost to get to this spec? :blush:

As a ballpark figure, how much would it cost to get to this spec? :blush:

Dr evil

<tuffty/>

Reactions: slowcoach3 and superkarl
Fantastic results!! Bill is a brilliant man and did a fantastic job on my old horsey! You got some fantastic figures! I wish I had rods, I would be playin with 293 lb ft!! Lol

Great figures just wish I'd had rods and a few other cheeky mods when I went to bills, but happy with what I have, FOR NOW!!! lol.:whistle2:

Still taller than me Jojo! Build costs are kind of what your willing/able to spend. I've had my car for a couple of years now and have always been a little bit lucky with bargains, it also helps if you can do some of the work yourself and are lucky enough to have a local mate like Phil who's a VW mechanic and isn't scared to do rods with you on the driveway lol
Spec creep is a vicious ******, it was only ever supposed to have a stage 1 map and an exhaust :)
Gops, Bill used the map he based mine on from yours and kept saying what an awesome car it is!