Badger5JMB Retrofits
Like Tree13Likes
  • 7 Post By slowcoach3
  • 1 Post By Prawn
  • 1 Post By superkarl
  • 1 Post By badger5
  • 2 Post By <tuffty/>
  • 1 Post By jojo

Thread: Big thanks to the Badger 5 team, had an awesome day yesterday :)

4th Gear

Status

Big thanks to the Badger 5 team, had an awesome day yesterday :)

So having just finished a cheeky little build recently I had a day out at Badger 5 yesterday, had such a good day and all the work and stress now feels worth while!
    I know everybody only wants to know figures Highest run was 290 and I came away with 288.3 and 314 lbft torque on a normal dyno ( Bills figure + 16% equals r-tech dyno) IIRC but I'll put the dyno plots up when I get a sec. Whatever it was it was made with 35 degrees ambient, tired fuel pump/maf and coils that are being replaced tomorrow. Nothing was dead but things can always be fresher!
    The cars an animal and just keeps pulling, I havn't stopped smiling yet, fuel consumption is rubbish but I think that has more to do with me though. More important than just the figures was how enjoyable it was to spend a day there, seeing how the magic happens and having Bill patiently explain not just what hes doing but why and how it affects the outcome of the map was fascinating. Both Bill and Mark were super friendly and very generous with their knowledge and time despite having Phil and myself constantly questioning everything and asking silly questions lol As a bonus we both met Tuffty and his outrageous car, no matter how good it looks in pictures it looks so much better in real life!
    I can't wait to sort a few maintenance jobs, get some meth and get back there, I couldn't recommend Bill and B5 enough, the whole experience was awesome and the car is totally different now! Pics and dyno graph to follow when I get a minute...
    badger5, <tuffty/>, Alex C and 4 others like this.
    Badger 5 tuned 340 bhp / 350 lbft sleeper

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    What spec?

4th Gear

Status
    B5 TIP/Jetex, Wellycooler, oo7p, Relentless mani & downpipe, 3" cat back, Beachbuggy rebuilt turbo with uprated actuator and some polishing, freshly rebuilt bottom end ( cheers phil ) with IE forged rods and AGU pistons, silicone/deletes and stuff I've forgotten lol

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Really nice spec Russ, I think AGU pistons are a top move too

Top result, and top service from b5 as we haev all come to expect
    slowcoach3 likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    and its a solid engine so you can abuse the crap out of 290 horses and 314 torques without a worry in the world

p.s. post the graphs
    slowcoach3 likes this.

4th Gear

Status
    That was my thinking, oem rings and shells decent spec pistons build and enjoy! I like to tinker so the car will suffer 'spec creep'! Its now future proofed for more tomfoolery. Im on my phone so graphs will go up when im on my pc later
    Hows your plans for the weekend coming aling Nick, everything ready?

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach3 View Post
    So having just finished a cheeky little build recently I had a day out at Badger 5 yesterday, had such a good day and all the work and stress now feels worth while!
    I know everybody only wants to know figures Highest run was 290 and I came away with 288.3 and 314 lbft torque on a normal dyno ( Bills figure + 16% equals r-tech dyno) IIRC but I'll put the dyno plots up when I get a sec. Whatever it was it was made with 35 degrees ambient, tired fuel pump/maf and coils that are being replaced tomorrow. Nothing was dead but things can always be fresher!
    The cars an animal and just keeps pulling, I havn't stopped smiling yet, fuel consumption is rubbish but I think that has more to do with me though. More important than just the figures was how enjoyable it was to spend a day there, seeing how the magic happens and having Bill patiently explain not just what hes doing but why and how it affects the outcome of the map was fascinating. Both Bill and Mark were super friendly and very generous with their knowledge and time despite having Phil and myself constantly questioning everything and asking silly questions lol As a bonus we both met Tuffty and his outrageous car, no matter how good it looks in pictures it looks so much better in real life!
    I can't wait to sort a few maintenance jobs, get some meth and get back there, I couldn't recommend Bill and B5 enough, the whole experience was awesome and the car is totally different now! Pics and dyno graph to follow when I get a minute...
    you're Welcome

Nice to meet you again, and Phil for first time

slowcoach3 likes this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Told you spec creep would happen,LMAO

Neutral

Status
    Thats the sort of spec I would love to be running, glad it went well. Id ruddy love it if B5 were closer to Edinburgh than they are Keep on looking at where Im going on business and seeing if I can sneak in a quick visit for a hell of a lot of work

6th gear @7000rpm

Status
    Fantastic results!! Bill is a brilliant man and did a fantastic job on my old horsey! You got some fantastic figures! I wish I had rods, I would be playin with 293 lb ft!! Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    its either mapped or broken...

Neutral

Status
    As a ballpark figure, how much would it cost to get to this spec?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nicollow View Post
    As a ballpark figure, how much would it cost to get to this spec?
    dr-evil.jpg

<tuffty/>
    superkarl and slowcoach3 like this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gops View Post
    Fantastic results!! Bill is a brilliant man and did a fantastic job on my old horsey! You got some fantastic figures! I wish I had rods, I would be playin with 293 lb ft!! Lol
    Great figures just wish I'd had rods and a few other cheeky mods when I went to bills, but happy with what I have, FOR NOW!!! lol.
    2002 S3 8L, BAM, 85,000m, B5 map, B5 tip, K04, small port head, jetex filter & heat shield, Xs mani v3, 3" d/pipe, 200 cell cat, miltek non res cat back system, Sachs DMF & 4 paddle clutch, PCV delete & catch can, N249 delete, AH fab v2 intercooler, silicone boost hoses, Liquid gauge, LCR Brembo's, DS2500 pads, Braided brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, LED bulb kit, aero wipers, manifold heat shield, Aquamist WMI, Mocal oil cooler, Forge short shifter, Dave's rear tie arms. 295bhp/274lbft.

Neutral

Status
    dr-evil.jpg

<tuffty/>

was thinkin double that!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    dr-evil.jpg

<tuffty/>
    Bill's the same height.
    Sandra likes this.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

4th Gear

Status
    Still taller than me Jojo! Build costs are kind of what your willing/able to spend. I've had my car for a couple of years now and have always been a little bit lucky with bargains, it also helps if you can do some of the work yourself and are lucky enough to have a local mate like Phil who's a VW mechanic and isn't scared to do rods with you on the driveway lol
    Spec creep is a vicious bugger, it was only ever supposed to have a stage 1 map and an exhaust
    Gops, Bill used the map he based mine on from yours and kept saying what an awesome car it is!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    slippery.jpg

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...