What are these calipers from ???

noslojo

Reaction score
Website
www.starperformance.co.uk
Hi all,

LINK

I got these a few weeks back but haven't had the chance to see if they fit and it was only when I checked them against my calipers I noticed that they were bigger and that the S3 has single piston calipers and not twin. The seller thought they were S3 and I only bought them because they seemed cheap and I was going to paint them then put them on my S3 (thinking I was just swapping out the orginals for painted S3 calipers)

So are these maybe from another Audi such as A4/S4 ? They are finned on the top and are "Made in Australia" so that really confuses me. If all else fails I can just put them back on fleabay I suppose as £35 isn't a lot of dosh is it ?

Thanks for any help guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Kev

That would be great but having got them from the garage they are made by PBR and have a US patent.
Their website is HERE and it doesn't list any Audi fitment so I think I can either try them and see or just get rid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Just in case anyone can help, here's the pics showing all numbers and info from the calipers

pbr_caliper_1.jpg

pbr_caliper_2.jpg

pbr_caliper_3.jpg

pbr_caliper_4.jpg

pbr_pads_1.jpg

TIA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Kev

send them back?

they are clearly not S3 items,

may not even be VW/Audi either

[ QUOTE ]
send them back?

they are clearly not S3 items,

may not even be VW/Audi either

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't reckon it's worth the hassle. I can always email PBR and find out what they are from and sell them on ebay from there. At the end of the day it was my risk and for £35 in P+P I won't complain. They are very well made and are cast aluminium so are very light - may turn out to be a bargain if they fit but then again could be a ****** to get new pads. For now I think it's worth keeping them to see how it pans out.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kev

the patents are generic patents for the operation of the caliper and carrier, as well as the process of using aluminium.

the number on the pad refers to the friction material used..

Nothing worse than been sold a pup! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Yeh, The PBR website only list Australian models and I can't find anything for european cars so I think I'll send them and email as maybe they will recognise the calipers. I still plan on seeing if the fit my S3 though - eternal optimism eh!

Cheers guys

Kev