Squeaky seat!

ImS3ola

Reaction score
My driver seat seems to have developed a really annoying squeak when I put any weight on it. Before I get my oil and grease out, does anyone know where this might be coming from before I start my random application /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Mines developed an annoying 'creak', do you know if its possible to remove the cusions easily to get to the springs?

I'm not sure whether it's the springs creaking or the mechanism under the seat. I think I need to do some further investigation......

mine is always the plastic trim parts to the sides and rear of the lower part of the seat. you can stop it squeaking for a while but not for long....

Might be the little spring on the release latch - if you sit in the back seat, tilt the driver seat up and there is a little spring on the lower left, which I think bends over the bottom edge of the seat. I rubbed some of the door hinge grease on this and it got rid of an annoying little "twang" type squeak I had.

Some creaks are due to the springs inside, in particular if you have lumbar adjustment, and I'm not sure how you'd solve them.

Squeeks sometimes come from the runners but the creaking is definately the seat itself. I have this issue all the time. Very annoying!