Erratic Idle, help!

kelk11

Reaction score
So this morning on the way to work I changed gear at about 4000 revs to a loud whoosh/pop noise more aggresive than the usual Dv noise. Since then at low revs it sounds really rough and hunts around at idle nearly stalling before lifting the revs to 1200rpm. there is also a popping noise from the exhaust when coasting.

Now ive ran vcds lite with no errors recorded, unplugged the maf which made no difference.

What else can i check? would the dv cause erratic idle if it was damaged?

Cheers

seems to drive normal above 2500rpm, just rough when its under that.

Check under the inlet manifold I had same symptoms on my first s3 and it was a burst hose

Reactions: kelk11
ill go take a look but there's not a great deal ill be able to do tonight, reckon its ok to drive until i get it sorted? got a 70mile round trip to make tomorrow, looks like it maybe time for a catch can upgrade and ditch the pcv.

Unplug the N75 valve until it's sorted, sounds very much boost leaky.

Popping from the exhaust is plausibly due to running rich.

cheers Goubo, reckon i've found the offending pipe, pushed it back together and its seems to be holding so ill just take it steady until i can replace it and idle has returned to normal.

this is what i found

cheers Goubo, reckon i've found the offending pipe, pushed it back together and its seems to be holding so ill just take it steady until i can replace it and idle has returned to normal.

this is what i found

good stuff man least you know what it is now :)

thought id add the outcome to this for anyone who searches the same problem, I've just fitted a catch can and removed the pcv system.

this section just fell apart

and maybe this split hose haha