Esp

gtronroids

Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone ever heard of the ESP light not flashing and cutting power when traction has been lost? I have read everywhere about the traction light staying on if there are errors in the haldex system but I cannot find any information about the ESP light not flickering on and off whilst cutting power when the wheels have lost traction and are spinning. If I push the ESP button the light comes on and stays on but nothing changes. I have ordered a new haldex pump and controller, as I know that my pump was not working. The car is a APY 2000 s3.
Thanks,
Marty

Plug her into VCDS and see if any codes pop up.

Correct with your research- if there is an issue with the ESP/Haldex then the light is usually on all the time :-\

Have to just say that there can't be many APY 2000 S3s with ESP

mine has ESP that is permanently disabled,
as above vcds check.
Ditch the n249 if you havent already.

The n249 is long gone. Before the engine rebuild the esp triangle use to flicker and cut power to the engine but now the wheels can be spinning like there is no tomorrow but no flickering light and no cut in power? I have ordered the new haldex pump, as I know that it is not making any noise but is definately getting power as it has been checked. I just cannot explain why the esp light no longer flickers

small piece of black tape over the ESP light is the only thing i can think off that explains your problem.

Cant be the black tape as I can push the button and the light comes on.