Whats My S3 Worth

chink

Reaction score
This is not a for sale post Just im thinking of doing a deal with my s3 against another car but he says im over priced on mine.Details areAudi s3 225 bam (RARE MISANO RED)02/51 118k milesMot 2014 few month taxAlloy mirrorsbose double din 6 cdheated half leather and suede part service historyreally tidy car im just abit shocked what the guy says its worth hes not a trader just some guy off ebay have these dropped down in value now as some seem to be going for 2200 some upto 5k

Come on then.... you left the tasty bits out :)

What are you looking to trade it in for? And what are you valuing it at for the bloke to say it's over priced?

its onyl worth what someone is willing to pay. Personally, I wouldnt pay 5K for a 10+ year old s3. maybe if it was something interested engine wise and needed nothing doing to it.

I think 3kish is a fare price. I think the guy is trying to mug you off for £2200.

eBay, Autotrader and Pistonheads are the best bet for valuation... at this age these cars are worth what people are prepared to pay and prices will vary wildly depending on condition, modifications etc...

If you are trading in then don't expect a high price trader or not... remember he is not really after your car, just to sell the one he has... you will never get would could be deemed a good price

<tuffty/>

im going back to another ford rs.im asking 3500 for it which i think its worth hes not a trader just someone like me and you guys

I suppose your not asking crazy money....

What does the person value your car at? It seems like you either need to promote your car on why it's worth an extra £1300 over the cheapest S3s on the market or find someone else to trade with! lol

If you're going for a Mk1 focus RS then I expect they will be going up in price shortly and won't depreciate for a while. I have a few mates with a mk1 FRS and they are all keeping hold of them now as you can't get a decent one for under £7k...

What's his motor like? have you said his isn't worth what he's asking at all? or is it reasonably priced already?

its a series 2, had a full respray etc not a bad motor i said my car and £250 my way and he says no yours is worth around 2000 to 2300.i priced the series around 3k max i think mines worth around the 3500 mark

If you want to know what glasses guide and CAP figures for your car are I can tell you, so you can get an idea from a trade in perspective?

2001 with 118 on the clock in good condotion should fetch 3k u get alot for that in a S3 electric heated seats windows climate coded bumpers fogs etc. Sell it private you will get alot more for it. If thrs sum1 after your paricular spec colour etc they will pay up extra ££££.

Mine cost £2400 in Feb, paint work tbh.. Was worse than average but I'm an avid detailer so this wasn't a problem, part history and 134k, 51 reg, AMK, facelift, black, currently in the garage at the moment regarding a 'bodged' manifold repair in their opinion that's costing £700... This at the time was VERY cheap, the cheapest S3 I'd seen within 50 miles for months.. and now I'm paying the price.

So if yours is in good mechanical condition, I'd hold out for what you want for it - sounds like the guys just trying his luck ( as we all do - mine was up for £2895 :) )

bought my apy 2000 in january, body work in fair condition but was a dent on drivers side door and skirt was cracked,
boot wouldnt open either, imho was in below average condition. i paid 2000 for it. had 140000 on clock, part history with lots of receipts for work done, expensive work that is, the seller had it up for 2495.
i only jumped on this as it was the cheapest full stop, i knew it needed work doing but can do quite abit myself.
my pal bought a 2002 clean example but had powersteering leak and blowing exhaust for 3300.
hold out m8, he just trying it on.

I'll give you a bag of nik naks,a kit kat,a snickers bar and a case of special brew

All stored on my parcel shelf so may be a bit warm

Reactions: azman
Hey folks

I'm new to this forum and I've been meaning to introduce myself and my car in a post but I saw this and thought I'd reply (I'll still do an intro post when I get some good snaps oh and great work with the forum :thumbsup: )

At the end of last month I bought a 2002 S3 for £4000 and was very happy with the purchase. It's done 121k but looks to have been very well looked after with a bulging folder of history. Tax runs out end of this month and MOT end of Dec. For me the value was in the fact it is stage 2 APR remapped and lowered extra, though I do appreciate some might find that off putting. Basically it has all the things I wanted to do anyway (exhaust, intake, remap, lowered etc etc) so I thought I personally was getting a bargain

Anyway I hope this info is relevant as to what price folks out there will pay for such an awesome car (sorry I fell in live with it as soon as the garage door opened lol)

Reactions: s3dave and azman
im really not sure what they are worth now. I want to sell mine the end of the year, I would hope I could fetch 3k for it but I don't know.. Mines just had a new turbo, cambelt water pump kit etc, new AP coilovers, has 94k with a good amount of history. my front end needs painting really due to stone chips. I wouldn't let mine at the moment go for any less than 3k because I don't know what else on the market you could get that's just as good for a similar price, so don't let yours go for silly money because u have your heart set on an rs haa

Reactions: s3dave