Will these wheels fit?

ShaunS3

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
Regional Rep
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Obviously will require some sort of offset adapters but just wondering if it is physically possible to fit this rim dimension onto the S3 8L chassis?

DSC 0227

Look for the offset Shaun, needs to be between ET25-45 based on 7.5" rim, just to let you know that OEM 18s are 8" wide, but there's nothing wrong with running 7.5" wide rims. Stud patter needs to be 5x100 and centre bore 57.1mm off the top of my head.

dEpends on the pcd and the offset. Those figures are just width and diameter.

Look for the offset Shaun, needs to be between ET25-45 based on 7.5" rim, just to let you know that OEM 18s are 8" wide, but there's nothing wrong with running 7.5" wide rims. Stud patter needs to be 5x100 and centre bore 57.1mm off the top of my head.

Ok so they are coming off a A3 8P S line.

How do I find pcd and offset to compare to the 8L?

I take it the adapters are the same as wheel spacers?

Thanks dude.

I know a local engineering firm that could make them up cheaper with high grade material.

How do I know what spacing I need in mm?

You need to know what offset they are first

A3 8P

PCD: 5x112 Offset: 45-50 Bore: 57.1

S3 8L

PCD: 5x100 Offset: 35-38 Bore: 57.1

Looking at the figures, i'm presuming they will fit with adapters no problem.

How do i know what spacing i need in mm?

Use an online 'offset calculator'. Put your current wheel dimensions in, then the new wheel dimensions, and it will tell you how they sit. I.e. 20mm less 'poke', therefore requiring 20mm spacers to match your current wheels.

Use an online 'offset calculator'. Put your current wheel dimensions in, then the new wheel dimensions, and it will tell you how they sit. I.e. 20mm less 'poke', therefore requiring 20mm spacers to match your current wheels.

I did want them to have a little wider stance if i'm honest, rather than going for standard spacing. Just so they fill the arch better, not so much that they stick out.

That's based on 8P offset though... Do you know those wheels are 45-50?

I'd imagine the adapters are likely to be at least 25mm, so you'd have a bit more poke than standard. That's if they are 8P offset...

That's based on 8P offset though... Do you know those wheels are 45-50?

I'd imagine the adapters are likely to be at least 25mm, so you'd have a bit more poke than standard. That's if they are 8P offset...

Yeah, the wheels are from an A3 8P with 45-50.

The adapters from DPM are either 20, 25 or 30mm spacing. Unsure which to go for....probably go for 20mm at a guess.

Sandip fitted the 19's to his and used 20mm on the front and 25mm on the rear:

Classifieds: 19 " BBS RS861's + adaptors + tyres

Would mine use the same spacers even if the rim is smaller?

Last edited:
It won't be ET50 though... it'll be 25-30

Is that because the spacers will be minused from the original offset stated for standard car? Sorry - i'm a total noob to wheel dimensions and don't understand the calculations ha.

Yeah, that's correct. Obviously your spacers will push the wheels out by another 20mm (if they're the ones you go for...) so you have to take that into account.

Yeah, that's correct. Obviously your spacers will push the wheels out by another 20mm (if they're the ones you go for...) so you have to take that into account.

I see, let me try again....

Yep, that's right. Hardly any difference then. But bear in mind that you may have 5mm more poke if they're 45 offset. Unless you know they're 50?

Minus your spacer from your offset. Would help if you knew the offset of the wheels youre thinking of. Then you can get it bang on then. For instance if you wanted them say 5mm further than your current wheels, youd subtract from the ET in the calculator till you achieve it, and bingo, you know what size spacers to give you that offset.

The 'poke' will vary with rim width bte, but not diameter. So an et30 7 inch rim would look completely different to an et30 8 inch rim.

8p wheels tend to have a high offset, so for now assume the least for your calculations, then you will never be too much, and hitting your arches.

Yep, that's right. Hardly any difference then. But bear in mind that you may have 5mm more poke if they're 45 offset. Unless you know they're 50?

Minus your spacer from your offset. Would help if you knew the offset of the wheels youre thinking of. Then you can get it bang on then. For instance if you wanted them say 5mm further than your current wheels, youd subtract from the ET in the calculator till you achieve it, and bingo, you know what size spacers to give you that offset.

The 'poke' will vary with rim width bte, but not diameter. So an et30 7 inch rim would look completely different to an et30 8 inch rim.

8p wheels tend to have a high offset, so for now assume the least for your calculations, then you will never be too much, and hitting your arches.

Ok guys, so please bare with me.

I roughly know the offset of the new wheels based on info from wheel dimension sites.

How am i going to find out the wheel's true accurate offset?

Ask the seller what is stamped into the wheel (presuming that you haven't already got them...).

But either way, 20mm adapters will be fine.

Ask the seller what is stamped into the wheel (presuming that you haven't already got them...).

But either way, 20mm adapters will be fine.

Not got them yet. Didn't know there were more stamps on the wheel, i thought that what i put up was the only dimensions stamped into the wheels.

Nah, should have everything you need on there :)

The offset and pcd are also stamped. Id also bet that 20mm will suffice. 25 at a push providing the new wheels are high like et48

I will keep you both updated once i have the answers for you.

Thanks alot to everyone contributing to this thread and helping a noob out! :)

Shaun.

Forget it and buy a set of 8's in a decent offset I say.

You'll be spending as much on adapters/spacers as you will on another set of wheels.

Due to the fact that they're more narrow than your current wheels, I think 25mm would be a better bet. That's high

Ooh from the pic of the back of the spokes they look like BBS speed lines like I fitted to mine?

Reactions: ShaunS3

You'll be spending as much on adapters/spacers as you will on another set of wheels.

I'm in agreement with this really. Can you not buy these rims in the correct offset and stud pattern for the 8L? I can understand if the rims are rare or unique of course. But to add all that extra unstrung weight, just to fit a set of rims is stupid in my opinion.

Sound advice this.

I only run 5 x 112 fitment with adapters because of how cheap I picked by BBS rims up for in the first place.

By the time you factor in set of decent adapters and bolts it can/will get very costly.

Btw just a note; if you do go for the H&R adapters then your OEM wheel brace tool in the spare wheel well will be useless if you get a flat tyre, as it's too ****** fat to get between the edge of the hole and the nut :(

I'm in agreement with this really. Can you not buy these rims in the correct offset and stud pattern for the 8L? I can understand if the rims are rare or unique of course. But to add all that extra unstrung weight, just to fit a set of rims is stupid in my opinion.

:crying: But they look so good!

Sound advice this.

I only run 5 x 112 fitment with adapters because of how cheap I picked by BBS rims up for in the first place.

By the time you factor in set of decent adapters and bolts it can/will get very costly.

Btw just a note; if you do go for the H&R adapters then your OEM wheel brace tool in the spare wheel well will be useless if you get a flat tyre, as it's too ****** fat to get between the edge of the hole and the nut :(

I never thought about the spare wheel - ooops. Will keep a socket and breaker bar in the car from now on.